Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

second question....downstairs mattress :-)

Ignazio

Ignazio

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
what do you use for better sleep downstairs (3 rear seat Beach)?
I was going for the Zonesleep topper.....but can't find it in the online shop (says "out of stock"). so what does it mean? never anymore? i saw pictures of the three layer topper 190*150 and it wa s so perfect.....
now, on their website, they only have one layer King size. Is not the same, i guess. but could it be fine?? or too thin for the bed downstairs?
any suggest?
thanks so much everybody
ignazio

what do you use for better sleep downstairs (3 rear seat Beach)?
I was going for the Zonesleep topper.....but can't find it in the online shop (says "out of stock"). so what does it mean? never anymore? i saw pictures of the three layer topper 190*150 and it wa s so perfect.....
now, on their website, they only have one layer King size. Is not the same, i guess. but could it be fine?? or too thin for the bed downstairs?
any suggest?
thanks so much everybody
ignazio
Memory phone topper from comfortz. Brilliantly comfortable.

I have the @comfortz memory foam topper too.

I hated the 3 seat bed on my beach it was so uncomfortable but with the mattress topper, my girlfriend said she had the best night sleep in a long time.

The wide bed combined with comfortable foam is a great combination. When we woke up the dogs had also quietly got on the bed to enjoy the comfort too. Folds up nicely onto the parcel shelf too.

Beach three seater tip #4 - if there is only 2 of you and you need to sleep downstairs for whatever reason, the upper mattress fits nicely downstairs and offers as much comfort as you would need
:) thanks
But we're 5 (five!), two adults and three little girls (5, 2 and 3 months…)
We use all possible space inside the Beach…

We got the VW comfort mattress with our 3 seat beach and had 4 nights on it over Easter.
Found it very comfortable.

Has anyone tried an air bed on top of the three seat bench?

No, but I think I read that GrannyJen uses a Double one in a SE to good effect.

No, but I think I read that GrannyJen uses a Double one in a SE to good effect.
Interesting.
I think that if it were me I would give one a try. They are not that expensive and some even have a built in electric pump that can be run from one of the 12 volt sockets to inflate. Also an airbed should iron out the undulations that are present in the three seat bed arrangement. The degree of inflation can be adjusted to suit personal preference and they also take up very little space when not in use. Finally, you can get them to fit, almost exactly, the area that the bed takes up.
If it doesn't work for you then you have a spare airbed to use at home when required.

Gel Fusion memory foam topper (dunelm mill) covered with a zonesleeper. Super comfortable and full width so loads of space for two people.

The reason I love the zonesleeper is because it won't cause you to sweat like memory foam does.

A comfortable bed has to be the most important part of travelling :thumb

Got self-inflatable double bed mat for the tent which is designed to sleep on rocks. Don't think it will be uncomfortable to sleep on that ;) But we generally prefer stiff sleeping and slept for years on a 7cm futon placed on a floor ;)

Never could have thought about that great idea using the mat from the roof :)

We have an ikea 7cm mattress topper 140x200cm.
Very comfortable but takes a lot of trunk space. I've also wondered about an inflatable mattrass. Some can be very comfortable and take a lot less space if you're five. With a 12v inflater it takes just a minute to inflate/deflate.
So I'm really interested in your findings if you try this :)

I transported a 3/4 mattress in my beach it fit perfectly.

It may be too high though in a 3 seat Beach.

424969375e5885bde3b6faae308ba0f0.jpg

:-D ;-)

I transported a 3/4 mattress in my beach it fit perfectly.

It may be too high though in a 3 seat Beach.

424969375e5885bde3b6faae308ba0f0.jpg

:-D ;-)
Perfect. Although anyone with a long nose would have to to bend it sideways to sleep.:)

We use a couple of Thermarest camping mats. They make sleeping downstairs very comfortable, take up very little room and are also handy if trekking away into he hills for minimalist camping away from the van... Give them a try before getting anything more expensive and bulkier.....

We've just had a call from Nick at Comfortz to say our mattress topper is on its way with a storage bag and cali cozy so I'll let you know how we get on. We have been using a thin memory foam mattress topper (king size is a good fit) but just found it wasn't ideal for longer trips. We selected the comfortz based on how it appears to fold more compactly than other brands we have seen as it comes in 3 joined sections rather than 4 such as the brandrup one. We spent a while looking for something thick enough to offer comfort without being so deep it reduced storage space for bedding and other items on the multiflex. We also liked the idea of having a storage bag so we can keep bedding clean and away from muddy boots as well as the choice to throw it in the garage when not in use.

If you do go for a self inflating mattress then go for 2 singles. my inlaws have a double and it's a pain to roll away and takes up more space rolled up than you expect. It's also not very warm or cosy to sleep on so they then need an extra duvet as a bottom layer so adds more bulk.

top is the brandrup one i think with a slidepod...
upload_2016-4-13_21-29-52.png

below is a comfortz in a caravelle so it sits much lowerupload_2016-4-13_21-29-1.png upload_2016-4-13_21-29-52.png ......

upload_2016-4-13_21-29-1.png