Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Securing fridge when traveling

P

Pattacat

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Does anyone know of any temporary fixings that can secure a waeco cfx35 fridge to the floor during travel? We do want to be able to move it so don’t want anything permanent but just want us and our backseat passenger (Phoebe the Labrador) to be safe from a heavy object on the loose in the event of an accident. I don’t really want to put it in the boot as it’s heavy to lift in and out of the van and I do like it accessible from inside! Thanks as always for your expertise and advice!

Does anyone know of any temporary fixings that can secure a waeco cfx35 fridge to the floor during travel? We do want to be able to move it so don’t want anything permanent but just want us and our backseat passenger (Phoebe the Labrador) to be safe from a heavy object on the loose in the event of an accident. I don’t really want to put it in the boot as it’s heavy to lift in and out of the van and I do like it accessible from inside! Thanks as always for your expertise and advice!

We run a long strap around the front passenger seat, through the handles of our CFX28, and around the fridge.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

We have A 2 seater Beach, so our cfx35 sits on the rear section of the storage box. I put a strap through the handle running straight down to one of the squarish fixings that slips into the seat channel.
It's not budged yet.
These are all home made.

Last edited:
It's really important to fix it, mine once moved when it wasnt attached properly and damaged my sliding door table.

This thread is useful:https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/how-you-fasten-your-fridge-in-a-beach.10181/

I just use bungee cords and the fixing point behind the passenger seat. I have a CF40, also have the weaco fixing kit but haven't used it.

Ideally a fixing plate or board with proper Cali rail attachments would be good but that would involve making the board from what I can see. Some fridges have one available but they can be expensive.

Thank you all