Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Securing your fridge

Shuftie

Shuftie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hello all,

We’re now the proud owners of a Webasto / Isotherm TB41 compressor coolbox fridge. Having decided it’s going to live behind the passenger seat in our 2-seater Beach, I’m now wondering about how to keep it there.

What methods do you use?

Cheers,

Ant.

Hello all,

We’re now the proud owners of a Webasto / Isotherm TB41 compressor coolbox fridge. Having decided it’s going to live behind the passenger seat in our 2-seater Beach, I’m now wondering about how to keep it there.

What methods do you use?

Cheers,

Ant.
Hi, we have 2 bench Beach, ours lives behind the passenger seat. We double strap it to the lashing point in transit. When parked up depending on the length of time in one spot we put it on the back of the storage box, on the multi board or in the awning.
If just stopping for lunch etc we leave it where it is.

Bought the Dometic CFX 28 securing kit for mine. Never used it. Instead I’ve used webbing straps to lash each handle to the armrest joints behind the near side front seat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have a long strap which goes all the way around the base of the front passenger seat, through the carry handles and around the fridge.

When located in the boot the same strap goes around the MultiFlex Board frame and fridge.

We have a long strap which goes all the way around the base of the front passenger seat, through the carry handles and around the fridge.

When located in the boot the same strap goes around the MultiFlex Board frame and fridge.

I've a similar arrangement

Ratchet strap to the passenger seat or holding down eyes in the cabin area. I don’t normally strap it if it’s under the MFB in the boot, thinking that it’s like any other luggage under the Board and behind the seat. 3 seat beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ratchet strap to the passenger seat or holding down eyes in the cabin area. I don’t normally strap it if it’s under the MFB in the boot, thinking that it’s like any other luggage under the Board and behind the seat. 3 seat beach.
If not strapped, I find that it slides around an empty boot.

This is on my To Do list & thanks for reminding me - I remember a similar thread a while back where someone made me think about the consequences of a loose fridge in an RTA made a lot worse. Mine is not in the van unless we're on a two-nighter, but still ...

Not as dangerous in a 3-seat bench Beach under the higher rear board, but a decent sized fridge won't go under the lower 2-seat bench Beach multiflex / rear board & sits in front of the storage box behind the passenger seat.

Back