Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seems to get better and better

• Thread starter cpjb@btinternet.com
  • Start date
cpjb@btinternet.com

cpjb@btinternet.com

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I know I'm probably tempting fate, but I just wanted to report that our Cali - now 4 years old - behaved impeccably on our recent trip to the Italian Lakes.

The roof opened and closed as it should do every time, the fridge - although a little uneven in temperature spread - was brilliant, and the smooth engine easily soaked up the miles without complaint and was a pleasure to drive (even with manual gearbox!). The awning helped shield us from the fierce sun - and everything worked as it should have done.

We even survived a drive into Milan without major incident (just a graze on one of the mirrors where I clipped a delivery van).

I am totally and utterly in awe of this amazing machine.

How did you get on with the heat. We were over Italy last year and I remember two nights which were crazy hot. We slept with the sliding door and rear tailgate open and lots of bug spray on.

Great country to visit. So varied

It was very warm at night. We slept with the mosquito screens fixed in place downstairs and the windows open and all of the vents open in the raised roof. That coupled with a liberal amount of alcohol seemed to do the trick.

Although the vents let the site lights in it didn't seem to make much difference really with the new T6 fabric fitted, as it was so light anyway in there!

Great country to visit though - and really affordable to eat out.

It was very warm at night. We slept with the mosquito screens fixed in place downstairs and the windows open and all of the vents open in the raised roof. That coupled with a liberal amount of alcohol seemed to do the trick.

Yep, I'm not too sure if it's an old wives tale about alcohol keeping the bugs at bay. But we always air on the side of caution and get a few down us ;)

Yep, I'm not too sure if it's an old wives tale about alcohol keeping the bugs at bay. But we always air on the side of caution and get a few down us ;)

I did some reading up about the midges recently I'm pretty sure it suggested that alcohol reduced the effectiveness of spray on protection.

...ooh that's a tough one... Would I give up a glass of wine or beer for more effective bug spray? Maybe one for the crowd. :rolleyes:

Back