Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Self/inflicted disaster!

Well, the Cali is back after the long wait for a replacement door from VW. Not give it a forensic check, but from a careful initial lookover am impressed with the repair. Comes complete with a detailed list of work & parts required plus special long term warranty applicable for as long as I own it.

They’ve done a good job!

Just got to reconnect the gas cylinder & reload ‘bout 20 bags of stuff onboard. Good job all are labelled with exact location!
Glad you’re happy, any pictures?

Been there...
My wife picked me up from the pub one night. I was hankering for a BigMac. She hits a bollard on the rear quarter...:confused:
Thankfully it pulled out and required some minor paint treatment. You would never have known after the repair. Body shop did a great job.
And you said what to her?

Told you an Uber would’ve been cheaper......
:sorry

That wasn’t the worst thing about that night.
Meeting up with old colleagues and the works receptionist offered a bed at her hotel.
Being a married man, I obviously and politely said thanks but no thanks. But after the bollard incident, I did question my rationale...

Meeting up with old colleagues and the works receptionist offered a bed at her hotel.
Being a married man, I obviously and politely said thanks but no thanks. But after the bollard incident, I did question my rationale...
Women’s Intuition on the part of the OH !

Nightmare, about 5 years ago I nipped to the supermarket in my wife's 3 day old Audi. Parked it in an empty part of the car park and backed straight into a wall ignoring the sensors screaming at me to stop.

She was really kind about the whole thing and only one small scuff in the bumper but I know if she hits the Cali she will remember what I did to her pride and joy and I will have to bite my tongue.

So easily done - I got a mine scratched in a car park at start of lock down from passenger wheel arch to rear wheel arch - mostly gone now just chasing chips away to come for their second polish.

I had some self inflicted damage on my driver's door (left) when opening the door when I parked here:
I didn't notice the height of the curb. Luckily it was only on lowest the tip of the door. A little markup with a pencil and it's unnoticable.

Other damage: low branches scratching the awning about 1/3 - 1/2 of the length by going forward. Then reversing, the branch changed position, so I have 2 long scratches on the awning housing.

Apart from that , no severe damage encountered (yet).

Back