Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service Plan exclusions

Mullaghroe

Mullaghroe

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I bought my cali last year on a 2013 plate. It included evidence of a service plan to provide the first 4 services free. It's going in tomorrow for a cambelt service but the dealer says it's not covered under my plan.

Does this sound right? VW UK weren't able to offer clear advice so it's over to the real experts

Yes it doesn't cover cambelt mine didn't cover air on either or brake fluid change

excludes
breaks
air conditioning
cam belt

Sounds like it's oil's and filters then, and a bit of a pretend look around.
I'm not knocking the service plan deal, which was great value (well, in comparison to the normal prices at least).

I bought my cali last year on a 2013 plate. It included evidence of a service plan to provide the first 4 services free. It's going in tomorrow for a cambelt service but the dealer says it's not covered under my plan.

Does this sound right? VW UK weren't able to offer clear advice so it's over to the real experts

What are they quoting for the cambelt/waterpump/tensioner?

It's usually a fixed price on the vw commercial website. Around £500 from memory.

I paid £569 at Cordwallis, Maidenhead. Now I've got a 'service required in 14 days' message on the display. Does it really need a service every year, especially after covering less than 2,500 miles?

I paid £569 at Cordwallis, Maidenhead. Now I've got a 'service required in 14 days' message on the display. Does it really need a service every year, especially after covering less than 2,500 miles?
If you only covered 2,500 miles in the last 12 months then I would say yes. But then I'm not one of those that believes a very low mileage Campervan is desirable, especially from the mechanical point of view. Oil deteriorates, DPF doesn't regenerate, exhaust sensors deteriorate, rubber seals degenerate, AirCon seals start leaking, brake/clutch and Power Steering fluid absorbs water with prolonged idleness, brake systems deteriorate, fuel deteriorates over time and can cause damage to the fuel pump etc: Yes, all the camping facilities might be in tip top condition but mechanically, who knows . If you cover 10-12,000 miles / year then go with the Longlife service interval, but if you do less than Annual, no matter how few miles, is the best.

Back