Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service Plans

Celia Vanchez

Celia Vanchez

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 199
I picked up Celia earlier this week following her 2 year service by our local VW dealership/franchise. Having paid the eye watering bill I was asked whether I'd be interested in a three year service plan. the main benefit appears to be that costs are locked to current rates for the next three years while paying for the plan upfront or in monthly direct debit instalments.

Has anyone had experience or been offered such plans and what has been the experience. I'm just wondering if this just another upselling ploy by VW or the dealership?

I picked up Celia earlier this week following her 2 year service by our local VW dealership/franchise. Having paid the eye watering bill I was asked whether I'd be interested in a three year service plan. the main benefit appears to be that costs are locked to current rates for the next three years while paying for the plan upfront or in monthly direct debit instalments.

Has anyone had experience or been offered such plans and what has been the experience. I'm just wondering if this just another upselling ploy by VW or the dealership?
I have the All in plan. Available on vehicle up to 6 years old
Provides 2 years of warranty, 2 MOTs, 2 years of VW Assist and a Major and Minor service.
Took mine out at 5 years old
So far it has covered an EGR rear pipe failure and the Discovery Media Pro unit failure.
As the Cali is on the variable service intervals the 2 services are 2 years apart so although the warranty, assistance and MOTs ends by June 2025 (start in June 2023) I have until June 2026 to complete the included service.

The plan costs me £37 a month for 24 months.
I am already in profit With the warranty items that they paid for!!!

Current price is £43 per month unless there is an offer

They can be a good inflation proof servicing package, but be aware certain service items will not be covered. DSG and Haldex service (4Motion only), brake fluid change etc.

We purchased a discounted 2 service plan which covers you for 4 years (1 minor / 1 major) under a VW black friday deal. Worked out well for us. Can also be transferred to new owner if you sell the van.

I have the All in plan. Available on vehicle up to 6 years old
Provides 2 years of warranty, 2 MOTs, 2 years of VW Assist and a Major and Minor service.
Took mine out at 5 years old
So far it has covered an EGR rear pipe failure and the Discovery Media Pro unit failure.
As the Cali is on the variable service intervals the 2 services are 2 years apart so although the warranty, assistance and MOTs ends by June 2025 (start in June 2023) I have until June 2026 to complete the included service.

The plan costs me £37 a month for 24 months.
I am already in profit With the warranty items that they paid for!!!

Current price is £43 per month unless there is an offer

Thank you to everyone who responded. I’ve got some food for thought.

Back