• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
At last some decent snow. I sometimes wonder why we have spent £50k and a fortune on diesel when we have all this on our doorstep. Is the lure of foreign parts overated??
Stuff doing the bathroom shelves and gardening, this is too good to miss.

Now those are stunning views!
I also think you guys in the UK got it all, nature, mountians,beaches,....
Exploring in your own back yard....

Great views! Want to pack, explore and enjoy! Thank you for this wonderful pictures!

That looks fantastic Briwy. Stunning pictures. Chatsworth looks magnificent.
We stayed at Heathy Roods Farm campsite near Butterton in August. Simple site, good showers, loos and amazing views from the top of the hill. Easy walk to pub serving hot meals and good beer. But, best of all, whilst other sites in the area were packed this one was very quiet. Lots of good cycling routes on the car free trails nearby too. Simon

I and my wife love the peak district, decided to go up there the other day, did nothing but rain, we still enjoyed the views though
Timber

We love the Peak District - always head there with friends who live in Sheffield. Always enjoy walking near Mam Tor - reminds me of my Duke of Edinburgh expedition days!

We are off to the lake district in a couple of weeks, amazing place, then down to Devon in April or May love it there and maybe Scotland later in the year. The UK is massively diverse and beautiful once you go outside the cities, plus I already speak the language ok. ;)

Now those are stunning views!
I also think you guys in the UK got it all, nature, mountians,beaches,....
Exploring in your own back yard....
But you have chocolate, beer and frites yum :)

Great thread, great Cali, great scenery.
Yes there are stunning places all over the world but IMO the sheer richness and variety of glorious uplifting scenery within such a small geographical area makes the UK just unbeatable. But then again I am just biased.

Mam Tor and Winnats pass? Lovely place. We occasionally stay at Castleton CC or at the site at Hope. Are there other good sites local to there that we are missing? There is one on the other side of the road (and well away from the road up a track) from MamTor which we walked past last time we were there - any idea what that is like?

Part of the reason we got a Cali was to explore our own doorstep more...can't wait. Back to my home county of Northumberland in ten days, Dorset this weekend and then Scotland already booked for two weeks in August. Love the UK :D

Cooper's at Edale is OK if you avoid bank holidays, is a great base for walking from, and is within 5 minutes walk of the 2 pubs in Edale.

At last some decent snow. I sometimes wonder why we have spent £50k and a fortune on diesel when we have all this on our doorstep. Is the lure of foreign parts overated??
Stuff doing the bathroom shelves and gardening, this is too good to miss.

My favourite part of England! Fab pictures and spot on Cali!!