Should i change both?

Kmann

Kmann

Iben & Henrik
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
My garage just changed one of my leisure batteries (on warranty) due to a failure. Now I am concerned if I should change the other one as well. Something tells me that it is best to have serial batteries in the same state/condition? Am I right or wrong?

They are originally from 2015/2016.

Mine are still the original battery's but i think it's best to change both lesure bats at the same time

My advise would be to change both at the same time.

If the old one is not holding its charge that well, the new one will be balancing the overall charge of the two batteries, i.e. charging the old one up constantly. If they are both new (or the same age, what ever that is) then the combined charge state will be in balance and the life of both batteries will be longer.

I am surprised one has failed and the other has not. Did the garage check the charging system to both batteries?

Alan

My advise would be to change both at the same time.

If the old one is not holding its charge that well, the new one will be balancing the overall charge of the two batteries, i.e. charging the old one up constantly. If they are both new (or the same age, what ever that is) then the combined charge state will be in balance and the life of both batteries will be longer.

I am surprised one has failed and the other has not. Did the garage check the charging system to both batteries?

Alan

I asked them to check the system, but I can not be sure …

Back