Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Understanding battery readout on control panel

C

Calisand

Guest User
Hi, I have a 2018 Ocean. Despite having read manual I don’t really understand what readout on control panel is telling me about state of battery/batteries.

When I switch panel on it says e.g 12.6 volts and 5.4amps. Does this just refer to leisure battery and should I be concerned about Volts/amps or both? What do each tell me about condition of battery. I’ve heard on this forum people talking about charge being 50%, 70%, 80% but can I find this using control panel? Can panel tell me about all batteries ( I think it has 3??).

Apologies for sounding like a complete numpty on this issue but I really am clueless on what the control panel is telling me or what I should be looking for and how, plus what a good state of charge looks like.

Any help/advice in layman’s terms would be appreciated.

I’ve not had any problems with starting van or leisure batteries but feel clueless on how I’d know if I was close to experiencing problems. I try to drive the van at least weekly for 30 miles or so and we go away in it at least every month for a couple of days (even in this weather) where it is on electrical hook up.

Many thanks in advance.

The display is only for the leisure batteries it shows the current voltage and whether current is flowing in or out and by how much.
To understand the state of charge of your leisure batteries refer to this chart.
12v-AGM Battery-State-Of-Charge.jpg

Last edited:
The display is only for the leisure batteries it shows the current voltage and whether current is flowing in our out and by how much.
To understand the state of charge of your leisure batteries refer to this chart.
View attachment 41090

Thanks Loz, that’s really helpful.

Back