Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Show us your alloys - Indium Grey Ocean if poss

Footy69

Footy69

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Looking to change our Woodstocks (which we will be selling if anyone interested early March) once we've taken delivery. Fancy some black replacements. Lets see what you have ?

Also have a set of (brand new in box) 18 inch sport line alloys in anthracite/silver to sell too. Bought for previous van which was sold before we got them on!.

Hi I would be interested in the sportline if I could get first dibs pls
How much was you looking for

Looking around £800 ? Still in original boxes 3 unopened.!
i will pass on them then but thanks anyway
By the time I have fitted tyres I’ll be in to 1500
But Thanks

I love the look of those but the 730kg load rating is way too low for a California. needs to be at least 810kg to stay legal.

Since I posted this Trevor has confirmed that the link is wrong & they are the X10X wheels that are load rated at 1000kg each.

Last edited:
Alloys are such an expression of personal taste, both the style & the colour....

I can't get my head around black alloys, I know its just me but these just remind me of brake dust covered steels from years gone by, or the old wheels hiding behind plastic wheel trims before Alloys became defacto.

For me its the sharp contrast between dark paint & silver alloy that ticks my box, but I know lots & lots of people love the look of a black alloy & I'm all for personal expression:thumb

I'm obviously biased, as I've chosen the 18" Sportline in silver route, so my opinion is that you've already got the perfect set boxed & ready to go, however good luck in identifying your new wheels & don't forget to post some pics when you've decided :thumb

vw sla.jpg

Alloys are such an expression of personal taste, both the style & the colour....

I can't get my head around black alloys, I know its just me but these just remind me of brake dust covered steels from years gone by, or the old wheels hiding behind plastic wheel trims before Alloys became defacto.

For me its the sharp contrast between dark paint & silver alloy that ticks my box, but I know lots & lots of people love the look of a black alloy & I'm all for personal expression:thumb

I'm obviously biased, as I've chosen the 18" Sportline in silver route, so my opinion is that you've already got the perfect set boxed & ready to go, however good luck in identifying your new wheels & don't forget to post some pics when you've decided :thumb

View attachment 73502
Are those diamond cut...?
One of the best designs that Volkswagen have come up with.

I love the look of those but the 730kg load rating is way too low for a California. needs to be at least 810kg to stay legal.
1000kgs but need spigots for centre bore, really a BMW designed wheel.

1000kgs but need spigots for centre bore, really a BMW designed wheel.

Those are not the ones linked to, OPs link is for the 8x18 ie the X10 which are 730kg not the X10X

Those are not the ones linked to, OPs link is for the 8x18 ie the X10 which are 730kg not the X10X
Might have the incorrect link as Wheelbase are unlikely to fit/supply the wrong spec. but need checking as you say.

I've done a Wheelbase order process and does give the x10 version not the X10X required--very worrying as below spec load rating will automatically invalidate the insurance.

View attachment 73502
I see your point, and black will show damage more readily, but for me it depends on the colour of the van. On a pale van black wheels look good with eg the sport packs black elements. For me, non-symmetrical wheels like Woodstocks and (to a lesser extent) sport lines jar and look a bit clumsy.
Like the look of the wolf races but concerned about their load rating.
Best looking OEM wheels I’ve seen so far are silver 18” Springfields ... but as above the black ones can look good

Might have the incorrect link as Wheelbase are unlikely to fit/supply the wrong spec. but need checking as you say.

I've done a Wheelbase order process and does give the x10 version not the X10X required--very worrying as below spec load rating will automatically invalidate the insurance.
Have been looking at wheels online and noticed several online suppliers search functions will bring up wheel & tyre combos that are not suitable for a Cali, even when using number plate in the search function.

View attachment 73502
Really smart alloy, but perhaps I am biased as well, only we went for two tone version
DF15E99B-EAF0-44EF-8204-B25D723E4EAC.jpeg

Back