Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side door Mozzy net!

S

Silverfox

VIP Member
Hi -

just been reading an article on the other forum about side door mozzy net, first time I've seen this subject mentioned - when I received my van in September, handover from hell, several items were missing, including the sliding window nets and washing bowl(eventually got them) - has anyone got the side door nets and are they worth having, thinking of going to Scotland and France/ Spain later in the year, mozzies are not my best friends, they hate me!

Kevin

The joy of midges. :surrender

I have only seen this in the Brandrup catalogue. They seem like a really good idea if they work.

the bradrup ones are ace have seen them on some vans and must say they are ace .wish i had them in italy last year .no cheap but so good .they do them for the back door to .

Hi - thanks for the replies, I've had a look and to be honest I can't put a price on keeping the horrible little g*ts out, they eat me alive - going to Scottish borders next weekend and then Highlands mid-April cycling with my cycling club, so should be ok upto then, after then it's midge madness, so be getting before then.

Does anyone know when it's bad for them in France! going in May and then again in September.

Hope you've all had as good a weekend, as I have, wild camped side of Coniston Water last night and kayaking very early, water was like a sheet of glass, commited to ultiamate sin, didn't take my camera

Like to thank those that commented on loading kayaks, I already had the Keritek rack, I used it on my Freelander(now sold)I'd convinced myself it wouldn't fit, it does, fantastic bit of kit.

Cheers

Kevin

Silverfox said:
Does anyone know when it's bad for them in France! going in May and then again in September.
Cheers

Kevin

You shold be OK, but depending on where you go, just the 'normal' field flies which feast on cowpats can cause you to lose your sanity in the summer.

Skywalker said:
Silverfox said:
Cheers

Kevin

You shold be OK, but depending on where you go, just the 'normal' field flies which feast on cowpats can cause you to lose your sanity in the summer.

Thanks Luke - booked the ferries today 7th - 28th(£58 all in) - riding as many Cols as possible, so probaly wont notice the flies for sweat beads.

Kevin

I've got them and they are brilliant. No issues in Ile de rae last year...but a procession oak catapiler got in caused havoc!! Not sure how he got in.

Word to the wise, in the Vendee in May/June....watch out for those critters!!

jerrythegerman said:
I've got them and they are brilliant. No issues in Ile de rae last year...but a procession oak catapiler got in caused havoc!! Not sure how he got in.

Word to the wise, in the Vendee in May/June....watch out for those critters!!
Cheers for that - what's a "procession oak caterpiller" !!!!!

Kevin