Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side repeaters

Brussels sprouts and Raw onions have always been a problem
with me.

Anyone know where the wiring goes? Mine have had a lot of water in them, think I need to replace the bulb holder too.

Anyone know where the wiring goes? Mine have had a lot of water in them, think I need to replace the bulb holder too.
If you pull them out, there will be a bit of wire that comes with it too. Otherwise you could take out the inner wheel arch.

If you pull them out, there will be a bit of wire that comes with it too. Otherwise you could take out the inner wheel arch.
Will have a look. I have seen I can buy a set with new wire and bulb holder (as in pic) but need to locate where the other end attaches. I suppose the side blinkers are on the same fuse so if that had gone, neither side would work? I have just one side working as the other was full of water.C0B66D43-D88A-47FA-A7A8-8FC5376A01CA.jpeg

Will have a look. I have seen I can buy a set with new wire and bulb holder (as in pic) but need to locate where the other end attaches. I suppose the side blinkers are on the same fuse so if that had gone, neither side would work? I have just one side working as the other was full of water.View attachment 59644
The wiring will go into the whole wire loom that goes inside the van. So getting to follow the right wires will be difficult.
Your van probably has a BCM, then it will be connected to that. But you'd need to have the right scheme to get it.
If you can wait a few days, give me your VIN and I will try to find out for you.
In fact I only need the last 6 digits and the year digit. It's the digit before the last H.

The wiring will go into the whole wire loom that goes inside the van. So getting to follow the right wires will be difficult.
Your van probably has a BCM, then it will be connected to that. But you'd need to have the right scheme to get it.
If you can wait a few days, give me your VIN and I will try to find out for you.
In fact I only need the last 6 digits and the year digit. It's the digit before the last H.
That would be awesome if it’s not a problem (6H013218). I also considered splicing the new one to the wire behind the old holder, or cutting it off completely and connecting the new one to the end, but not sure these are such good ideas. Thanks!

That would be awesome if it’s not a problem (6H013218). I also considered splicing the new one to the wire behind the old holder, or cutting it off completely and connecting the new one to the end, but not sure these are such good ideas. Thanks!
You could cut the wires where you still can manipulate them. If the copper is still the copper color, it's no problem to join them (waterproof) together. If the copper is green/black, then you will have to go all the way up to where the color gets back normal.
I am going to try to find out anyway where the wires are connected.

Oh, best way to waterproof connect wires again is this:
Strip the wires for 3mm. Pinch the wire in the duraseal (1 wire per side just for a simple 1 on 1 connection), heat with a heat gun, then the duraseal will shrink and the glue in the duraseal will protect from water ingress.

I have taken a picture from my best frien Google.
Indicator left is connected to position 4. This shoud be a black/white cable from 1,5mm².
Indicator right is connected to position 6. This should be a black/green cable from 1,5mm².
bcm T5.jpg

The only problem is that all the indicators are connected together, and then just only 1 cable goes to the BCM.
So you should have to find the cable connections somewhere along the wiring loom.
Best thing should still be to cut the wire near the socket, and check the color.
1590427471855.png
If you have a wire that looks like the right (under) wire, strip it further until you find clean copper (left/top wire).

Good luck and keep us updated!

I have taken a picture from my best frien Google.
Indicator left is connected to position 4. This shoud be a black/white cable from 1,5mm².
Indicator right is connected to position 6. This should be a black/green cable from 1,5mm².
View attachment 59806

The only problem is that all the indicators are connected together, and then just only 1 cable goes to the BCM.
So you should have to find the cable connections somewhere along the wiring loom.
Best thing should still be to cut the wire near the socket, and check the color.
View attachment 59807
If you have a wire that looks like the right (under) wire, strip it further until you find clean copper (left/top wire).

Good luck and keep us updated!
Thanks very much! Will let you know how it goes.