Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali T5 changing headlight bulb

bmassaer

bmassaer

Vehicle
Please Select
We are to leave on holiday tomorrow early in the morning... and now I noticed that the headlight on the passenger side is not werking anymore.
I found out that I have to remove the plastic cover, then I find a connector attached to the bulb. Do I just have to pull this connector backwards to uncouple it? How to remove the bulb itself? And any difficulties in finding a replacement on sunday??

Haven't done it on my Cali but indeed there's not much space , need small hands...
The bulb must come out somehow , a clips or turn and remove.
Finding a replacement bulb on sunday ? in my Cali....thats why you need to carry a box with a set of spares! Beware , you say leaving on holliday : in some contries it is necsecairy carying spare bulbs by law!

On sunday in Belgium , just stop at a gasstation allong the road ( highway) or in DIY bussines like Gamma or Hubo:thumb

OK - thank you helping. I already had checked the vwt4forum, found the answer but I was still wondering if the connector just comes off by pulling it towards the rear of the car?
And are these bulbs just "standard" things, I mean, will I indeed find the right ones just at a gas station? On the other hand, we will spend our first night in Germany, only driving by daylight today, so I guess there will be enough VW-dealers over there...

You need to remove the Bulb with connector from the back of the light and then the connector removal is self explanatory, you just pull it off the spade connectors. I don't know which year vehicle you have but for mine:
Screen Shot 2015-08-02 at 08.27.12.jpg
This is the DRL + Main Beam Bulb

Screen Shot 2015-08-02 at 08.31.38.jpg
This is the Dipped Beam bulb.

It would take away all the guesswork if people told us what vehicle they have.:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang
FILL IN YOUR DETAILS

Sorry for this late response - already camping in Poland right now. I managed to change the bulb myself, the connector was a bit right but simple to remove once I used more force. Standard bulb H7 inderdeed. Enjoying the camper!!!

Back