Site near Manchester

Kevthegas

Kevthegas

2018 204ps NOW SOLD
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Morning,
I need to drop my eldest daughter off in Manchester on a Thursday afternoon and pick her up on the Saturday afternoon, it is a 400 mile round trip. We would like to find a site near.
The requirements are either :-
A large site with enough to do ie pool, restaurant and entertainment so we dont have to leave site
Or
A smaller site with good shower facilities but is close enough to walk out into a town, there will be 2 adults and 2 teenagers.

Any suggestions ?

I stopped off at Hollingsworth lake a couple of years back. http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=2275

It's ok, pretty location, close to Littleborough station (Rail) park and ride or a couple of miles to Rochdale metro link park and ride. I haven't used the Metro to Rochdale but used it from Eccles on Sunday and it's superb.

Have a look at the Caravan and Motorhome Club site, Burrs Country park in Bury. Rated one of the best run by the club. It is a 30 minute walk into Bury town centre (according to google maps), or a short taxi/bus ride in. From there you can get the metro into Manchester or suurounding towns Bolton, Rochdale etc. No swimming pool on site but Bury has its famous markets black puddings a speciality!, large cinema complex and plenty of pubs in the town centre.