Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

skiing holidays?

J

Julalamy

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Good evening,

We have been looking at buying campervans to use in Australia with our family of 2 adults & 2 pre teens and have discovered the amazing Cali today. We will be living 2 hours from the beach and 2 hours from a ski area. We need a campervan that will be useful winter and summer. Has anyone used a Cali for ski trips? Do you think it would be warm enough to use in overnight temps of 2 degrees? And do you think we would be able to fit our gear in for a weekend trip?

We would really like to get a Cali rather than one of those ugly larger things, but need to ensure it will suit our purposes. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

I have used it in Norway in -18 for three days at a car park, no problem.

Four people will be a squeeze with kit,would most likely need a top box to secure skies etc.

With the heater no problems for warmth.
Kit drying will be problematic with four,usually i hang it up at the rear but find with two of us its a bit tight.But only a weekend can't see been an issue.

Definite invest in a cali topper,retains heat but a lot easier to close the roof after a night of snow fall,undo the back and it all falls away.
A external front window cover also same reason as above.
Carpet for the floor (don't go mad on expensive stuff),helps when sat around keeping the feet cozy.

Another idea which helps if your carrying water is wrap/stuff silver foil around the water tank,in five years I've not had it frozen yet doing this,I also wrap the Gas cylinder too again don't seem to have had an issue.

There a great truck extremely versatile,even though I'm having a small issue with mine at the moment i would not be swapping it for anything else.Youll love it.

Where did you buy your Cali from in Sweden? 2nd seem so expensive
I bought a new one in Germany, the Beach was not sold in sweden when I ordered mine (it is now but choices are few, ie no dsg and 4motion).