Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding boot drawer from club shop

A really brilliant piece of kit - worth every penny.

@CannonDale The sliding draw is in my view the best extra you can add to the California. We got ours before you could get one in the UK but our draw is now on its 2nd van!

I bought one from Germany shortly after I'd bought the van, and totally agree one of the best purchases made since Cali ownership. Mine is the narrower width, which holds two Thule boxes side by side perfectly, with room at the back for levelling chocks.
Anyone who travels with golf clubs will know how useful the long channel is beside the cupboards!

And I know that some people have commented that it would be better if the drawer was full width - however I like the idea that it is still possible to carry long items such as skis and ski poles.

I thought that to start with but like the idea that I can still carry long items such as skis and poles.
And my spare gas cylinders fit down the side perfectly - so as not to add too much weight on the drawer.

Does anyone have one of the sliding boot drawers from the club shop, if you have would you recommend it.
Apparently there are some issues fitting to the 6.1 Ocean regarding the bench seat position. All covered in another thread.

We have the narrow one from club shop as you will be surprised how useful the side channel is,. You will miss it when it's gone !

I thought that to start with but like the idea that I can still carry long items such as skis and poles.

I accept I have an unusual use case. Also I am very confident I will not ski or play golf (I have the small under seat drawer already).

I often use the van to carry scuba gear and need every cm height and width of the boot. Not sure if it would work for me if not full width. How much height is lost?

Can anyone tell me if the latest version can accomodate two 64L Really Useful boxes?

We currently use either one or two large Really Useful Boxes under the bed extension which which fit quite well but with no height to spare ( bed in lower position, T6 Ocean). Can anyone recommend storage boxes that still fit under the bed extension when using the sliding rear drawer?

We tend to store Thule large levelling chocks in their bag in the space by the sliding drawer (with the blanking panel removed) and access these from the cab, so not concerned about losing access to the 'ski channel'.

We currently use either one or two large Really Useful Boxes under the bed extension which which fit quite well but with no height to spare ( bed in lower position, T6 Ocean). Can anyone recommend storage boxes that still fit under the bed extension when using the sliding rear drawer?
We have a Beach so greater height under the board, but we purchased a combination of sizes from below - went for the 2nd hand /recycled ones. Just draw the space on a sheet of paper, work out what you want to carry & choose best combination of boxes:

Back