Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door closure problem

Has anybody resolved this issue? Having same intermittent problem with 3 week old T6? No pattern to it!

Think I'm having the same problem the rear seems to latch every time although that not used as much. So the side seems to be hit and miss. I'll try with ignition on etc. It's all a learning process :)

Think I'm having the same problem the rear seems to latch every time although that not used as much. So the side seems to be hit and miss. I'll try with ignition on etc. It's all a learning process :)
Stick with it, it happens to us occasionally but always sorted with a 'lock/unlock'....we don't really notice anymore!

Dealer has had two goes at sorting ours out, still no better, very random. If you close it and use the central locking then it resets for a while. Just living with it now.

Stick with it, it happens to us occasionally but always sorted with a 'lock/unlock'....we don't really notice anymore!

I think I may be underestimating the amount of force required to get it to latch. Tried this morning and it failed tried again this afternoon and it worked first time. Did it without thinking, the rear hatch seems to latch with much less force.

Onwards and upwards !

I had this at the weekend, after power-latching just fine many times I didnt hear the motor, tried a bit harder but no joy. I used the fob to lock and unlock and it started working again. I am suspicious that the BCU (body control unit) had gone to sleep for power saving as we had used the radio a bit that evening. I must investigate further.

Hi All,

I have a week old California and have the same issue as above (started today in the rain).

Previously when you opened and closed the sliding door you could hear an electric motor (and you could shut the door very softly).

Now the only way to get the door to shut is with some brute force.

Did anyone get this resolved?

Hello Mark,

just a workaround but it helps

Yes we have problems with our new T6 soft closing side door. There are some other T5 and T6 having the same problem. Had yours at VW and they couldn't find the failure. Workaround: short cut the contacts 3 and 4 with your key and you will hear the motor of the soft close. After that the soft close works normal. If you don't hear the motor when opening the door then it would not work by closing. So you can short cut before closing the door.
b6daf1f14e827cf6983eab2c4d2c202b.jpg

I have the same but with the tailgate. Thought I’d sorted it 4 months ago but it came back yesterday.
On ours it doesn’t recognise it’s closed and the bong keeps going off as we drive. It’s latched but not pulled fully closed.
Is it a trip to the dealers now?