Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding Door Catch Problem

J

ja197

VIP Member
Has anyone had problems with the sliding door catch releasing when going over a bad road surface?? After our inaugural road trip to Italy it is clear that when we fail to avoid really bad bits of road the sliding door starts to open but then re-closes (electrical closure thingy kicks in). Its a bit disconcerting to say the least!!
:|

I'm thinking that the catch servo is either on its way out, or the electrical supply to it is getting interrupted? Can anyone shed any light on the problem and solution, or do I need to entrust it to VW when it goes in for service?

Cheers

I've never experienced that.

ja197 said:
Has anyone had problems with the sliding door catch releasing when going over a bad road surface?? After our inaugural road trip to Italy it is clear that when we fail to avoid really bad bits of road the sliding door starts to open but then re-closes (electrical closure thingy kicks in). Its a bit disconcerting to say the least!!
:|

I'm thinking that the catch servo is either on its way out, or the electrical supply to it is getting interrupted? Can anyone shed any light on the problem and solution, or do I need to entrust it to VW when it goes in for service?

Cheers

I used to have issues with the door opening and closing by itself on rare occasions - i came home from work one day to find it wide open!
Other times when on site with the door open it would suddenly close itself. However it seemed to sort itself out and has given no problems in the last 18 months.
I mentioned it to my dealer when it was in for some warranty work and while they couldn't find anything wrong they did say that they'd replaced the door control unit on other vans so might be worth mentioning it to your dealer if you take it in.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Just to close the loop on this, after the problem dissappeared for a while it re-surfaced recently. I asked Hadwins at Lindale to look at it when it was in for service and they recommended changing the door connectors at the front end of the door as the alignment was all correct and there were no obvious problems. Since this was done it seems to be ok..... Watch this space!

Must admit that we have not had one do this, so a new one on us too!

cheers

We had a fault with one of our Cali's the year before last, the door wouldn't close itself. It was sorted by SMG

Back