Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door glitchy

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Our sliding door is getting worse and worse.
It is not an electric version but with a servo lock (not sure the ecact term)
So in order to open the door you pull the handle and wait for a motor to open the lock.
The issue is that motor became laggy and sometimes you have to wait 1-2 seconds for it to activate and the pull again to open the door.
In some worse cases it just closes the lock right after opening with motor whining back and force couple times.
So in general opening the door became a glitchy process. Pulling the handle several times and hoping that motor lets you open the door.
Any suggestions how this lock servo can be adjusted? Or maybe just thrown away?

Our sliding door is getting worse and worse.
It is not an electric version but with a servo lock (not sure the ecact term)
So in order to open the door you pull the handle and wait for a motor to open the lock.
The issue is that motor became laggy and sometimes you have to wait 1-2 seconds for it to activate and the pull again to open the door.
In some worse cases it just closes the lock right after opening with motor whining back and force couple times.
So in general opening the door became a glitchy process. Pulling the handle several times and hoping that motor lets you open the door.
Any suggestions how this lock servo can be adjusted? Or maybe just thrown away?
Are the contacts clean on the B Pillar and the leading edge of the Sliding door itself?

Not sure which and where those are, can you please explain so I can check them?

On the Leading edge of the door there is a Spring loaded Plug with 3 metallic strip contacts and on the rear of the Passenger B pillar a corresponding socket with contacts.

On the Leading edge of the door there is a Spring loaded Plug with 3 metallic strip contacts and on the rear of the Passenger B pillar a corresponding socket with contacts.

Centre of the Sliding door edge,

Screenshot 2019-10-05 at 08.11.18.jpg

Also worth putting a drop of thin oil on the spinning part as mine had started to make strange noises on opening after 12 months. All quiet now.

Thanks for guidance guys. The contacts seem to be clear. Just tested it several times again from inside.
-Pull the handle to max once, door doesn't open and a motor whine begins which is longer than it was before.
-Wait couple seconds and pull to max again and here is an issue the door doesn't open.
- I have to pull 3rd time so it finally opens.

So in this procedure of 3 pulls to open, motor sometimes decides to close it back.
So you just sit pulling it again and again hoping it finally decides to open.
Could it be some cable lose that handle mechanically doesn't open the door from the 1st pull?

Could be a couple of reasons.
Or the power latch, or the remote lock?
Does the same happen from the outside?

I too have a very similar problem see my post :

I have received useful suggestions there.

We can not open the sliding door from inside, and proved that is was unlocked when we tried as it will open from outside . I have not been to garage yet as I can cope with it until I camp next and I am not keen on taking off trim at present. I think it is most likely a mechanical failure. But will watch this trend in case of any other ideas.

Seems VW will be dealing wit it.
Just need to avoid as much electrics as possible, getting this servo lock was an error.

Back