Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding Door Mosquito Flyout Screens

Bill R

Bill R

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We are spending Late July and all of August in Spain , so expecting to be hot when sleeping at night.
I’m interested in anyone’s experience of using these screens
I see different versions from Brandrup, Reimo and Maxxcamp - Slightly different methods of fixing, so any advice over which is best ?

Equally important to hear if any of you feel they are not needed at all, in that I have the sliding window fly screen which might be enough ?

The VW ones work well, but they aren't very strong or secure. I have them and we use them regularly without incident. They don't keep out very small insects

There are some others on the market which are sturdier and maybe more secure.

I quite like these they look sturdy, but they aren't cheap. http://www.csiparts.co.uk/en-gb/col...aliforniai-and-caravelle-window-grills/131527

or the club sell the Brandrup ones for the front windows.

I was impressed with the magnetic Maxxcamp ones @yuchili has them
and they look great, far better than sticking velcro around the frame as i think
you have to do with the Brandrup ones.

Apologies I misunderstood I thought you meant the screens for the side windows.

We are spending Late July and all of August in Spain , so expecting to be hot when sleeping at night.
I’m interested in anyone’s experience of using these screens
I see different versions from Brandrup, Reimo and Maxxcamp - Slightly different methods of fixing, so any advice over which is best ?

Equally important to hear if any of you feel they are not needed at all, in that I have the sliding window fly screen which might be enough ?
Maxcamp are the best IMO. Very well made and attach magnetically without any fuss. You can also keep them in place when the sliding door is shut.

Personal i would not want velcro sticking everywhere in the dooropenings....
That's why i bought the Maxxcamp (magnetic) version and very happy with it .

We spent a full year meandering around Europe - 33 countries in all.

The whole way we had a brand new Brandrup flyout sliding door screen, waiting for a need to be fitted. That need never arose. Yes we had mosquitoes in the van from time to time, and yes we got bitten occasionally. But it was never so intolerable that we felt the need to install the screen.

It has now been sold for half the price I paid for it new.

We have the maxxcamp ones. Work really well. Only one small issue... if someone gets out of the van, zips it all the way to the bottom then shuts the door those inside can't get to the zip to get out!!!!

Back