Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Slowly getting there...

CaliAdventure

CaliAdventure

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
We collected Bertie over a week ago now and because of work and pre-arranged stuff I haven't even been for a drive :(.....anyway we have now got the gas working, bought two of the Really Useful 64l storage boxes for the back and ordered a Porta Potti.

Decision re doggy transport has been made - crate in the habitation area so he can see us :happy

We're off away somewhere resaonably close by (got the Britstops book) for a night next weekend just to have a go and then the big one - a week up to Northumberland (hope it doesn't snow) - before Easter. I don't have a Cali Topper or similar and we don't have a mattress topper (these seem to crop up a lot in threads) but we do have plenty of camping gear from holidays past so we planned to use this as a 'find out what we really need and get rid of the rest' trip. We both have plenty of positivity that it will be fine...hope we're right :Nailbiting

PS. I'm even stuck at work today so not getting out to the coast like planned...probably going to be more of a quick trip to somewhere close by...

Sounds like a good plan to me. Have a great time!

Good idea to just use what you have for the test trip. We were seasoned tent campers too before the arrival of our van last year, so the bed felt luxurious even without a topper! With every trip we seem to change layout/packing options etc. If you intend sleeping in the roof in cold weather, I would recommend an inner(Cali cozy or Isotop). Seat covers too. Otherwise just use what you have and have a blast.

Don't forget to fit a bungee - it can be REALLY windy on the Northumbrian coast!