Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Small plastic loops inside roof?

loslynch

loslynch

Vehicle
Just browsing
There are 4 plastic loops in the roof above the bed space. What are they for or what do people use them for? I’m intrigued.

Sounds like a previous owner installed a Brandrup Isotop?

No doubt the child safety net attachments , did you by any chance get to read the manual ?

Child safety net is indeed a possibility but since you say 'loops', maybe it's this. We have 4 loops in the ceiling of the upstairs bed that allow us to attach a storage net. To store your magazines, phone, glasses, etc when you go to sleep. Do the loops look anything like in this picture?

net-in-the-pop-up-roof-top.jpg

If you use the child safety net, you do indeed use two of the plastic loops in the roof. If you want to use a cargo net, you use all 4.

My friend Google shows me this:

1602257144572.png

My friend Google just mailed me this picture!!
4 loops must be attached plus the 2 metal poppers under the mattress.
1602257652320.png

Child safety net is indeed a possibility but since you say 'loops', maybe it's this. We have 4 loops in the ceiling of the upstairs bed that allow us to attach a storage net. To store your magazines, phone, glasses, etc when you go to sleep. Do the loops look anything like in this picture?

net-in-the-pop-up-roof-top.jpg
Cool idea, we’re they in already?

We bought our van second hand so I couldn't tell you. But I'd think the loops are factory fitted, since you get the safety net with a new van. I know they sell the nets at our local dealer. We own a black net but the new ones (T6) are grey.

When I lie in bed and see those loops I have an overwhelming urge to add more decorative touches to my van. So much nicer than plain grey. Obviously whatever I attach to them will have to be flat if left in situ. Watch this space....

I have at one point connected an elastic string that allowed us to put the ereader/ipad up there because i was getting annoyed having to hold it up while reading.

@Elly Swanson , guess you not read the manual eighter...;)
Hi HC. Actually I’m a manual type person and read all of it, even the bits I didn’t understand! :eek: (Not joking, do it for everything, my mates think I’m well weird)!
I know about the safety net and how to fix it. I was thinking about the extra fixings and net that Thomas has on his “ceiling” for nighttime storage. Wondered if it was an old fitted feature or a hack.

When I lie in bed and see those loops I have an overwhelming urge to add more decorative touches to my van. So much nicer than plain grey. Obviously whatever I attach to them will have to be flat if left in situ. Watch this space....
Watching with intrigue :) what have you Done so far Gillian?

Definitely lots of options :)