Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

smoke mark removal ?????

alstevens

alstevens

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Having foolishly done what it clearly says not to do in the instructions with the stove - tried to light it with a pan already on the top, it was below freezing and the gas liquified under the pan then burst into a spectacular display- I have some ( fairly minor fortunately ) smoke marks in the roof above -

anybody got any good ideas about how to deal with these ? I don't want to start wiping with detergents etc in case it just smears ....

Cheers.

al

I have never tried it for soot removal I would suggest damp spunging off but it may leave a water mark , might be work speaking to your local hand wash car wash people who valet as well as wash
good luck let us know how you get on

Many of the companies like Chips Away now do interior repairs, I had a seat repaired a few years ago and looked like new after. Some of them will give you a quote if you send them a photo.

-

Thanks for the suggestions folks - have found this u tube tutorial so will give the first couple of steps a try -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJaFc5zj7p8

as everyone says, even water leaves a mark on the upholstery though now that St. Herman is a whole two months old with a massive 1250 miles up I'm trying to move to a - 'after all this is a camping experience adventure, just relax up , enjoy, and forget about futile attempts to keep him in showroom condition ' frame of mind - can always go and sit in a new one at the dealers if I get overly nostalgic ....

on the other hand it did cost more than some houses I've had......

al

alstevens said:
Having foolishly done what it clearly says not to do in the instructions with the stove - tried to light it with a pan already on the top, it was below freezing and the gas liquified under the pan then burst into a spectacular display- I have some ( fairly minor fortunately ) smoke marks in the roof above -

anybody got any good ideas about how to deal with these ? I don't want to start wiping with detergents etc in case it just smears ....

Cheers.

al

Did your eyebrows survive? :laugh2

alstevens said:
Thanks for the suggestions folks - have found this u tube tutorial so will give the first couple of steps a try -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJaFc5zj7p8

as everyone says, even water leaves a mark on the upholstery though now that St. Herman is a whole two months old with a massive 1250 miles up I'm trying to move to a - 'after all this is a camping experience adventure, just relax up , enjoy, and forget about futile attempts to keep him in showroom condition ' frame of mind - can always go and sit in a new one at the dealers if I get overly nostalgic ....

on the other hand it did cost more than some houses I've had......

al

This gets rid of water marks for sure on a cali seat for sure as I've seen it work http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-AG-035 ... m+interior