Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Snow chains / socks

tim downes

tim downes

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi - we are off to Châtel next week - has anyone any advice on what is needed in terms of chains or snow socks please ?

Many thanks

Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My advice would be "Winter Tyres" with a set of Chains just in case but you will probably not need them. Snow socks work but get worn out very quickly whereas chains can be used for many years.

20171214_140357 (2).jpg

Honestly.
They clear the roads so fast in these places that you will probably be fine with your standard tyres.
Take some snow socks incase things get tricky. They are easier to fit. But worth having some chains incase things do get really bad.
The reality is. Once there the van will probably stay parked for the week any way

Well on the road up to Obertauern it was was white and steep and I would not have wished to go up without Winter Tyres let alone go back down....

Please its a legal requirement to at least have M&S with snowflake I believe.

I’ve just got back from Morzine. I bought steel wheels, winter tyres and a cheap set of Thule Snow Chains that did get used. I think a set of steel wheels are on this site for £120 at the minute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My advice would be "Winter Tyres" with a set of Chains just in case but you will probably not need them. Snow socks work but get worn out very quickly whereas chains can be used for many years.

View attachment 29772
Hi Gazellio, how did you get on with that wheel, tyre and chain combination? I'm looking to upgrade to 18"s - the manual says you can't go that big/wide and use chains, but I thought it should be possible, hence intrigued to see you've done the same! Cheers,

Back