Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Solar panel fitting North Yorkshire

Mowbotman

Mowbotman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Has anyone had solar panels fitted in North Yorkshire please

Fit one of Rogers yourself? It’s pretty simple really.

I even wrote a guide:

Last edited:
Has anyone had solar panels fitted in North Yorkshire please

Roger’s panels bolt onto the roof rails. They are no harder to fit than a roof rack.

The difficulty of connecting the cabling to the leisure battery is somewhere between plugging in a 13 amp plug and changing a fuse for a 13 amp plug.

The final job of routing the cabling under the trim and mounting the solar charger is also pretty simple.

Get a kit delivered.

Fit one of Rogers yourself? It’s pretty simple really.

I even wrote a guide:

+ 1 for Roger's DIY kit. Even this numpty with sausage fingers managed it. Roger supplies a how to guide with the kit. No special tools needed. Good product, even on miserable days like this month the panel kicks out a few amps to keep things topped up.

I would be interested is finding someone who can fit the panels and wiring etc in South Yorks, I would love to be able to do it myself but alas with my heart condition even simple tasks become impossible for me. I was going to order the other week but talked myself out of it.

I would be interested is finding someone who can fit the panels and wiring etc in South Yorks, I would love to be able to do it myself but alas with my heart condition even simple tasks become impossible for me. I was going to order the other week but talked myself out of it.
@Roger Donoghue can also fit them if you fancy a trip to the S/West.

What kit was you going to fit ? Were are you in North Yorkshire

Once you have it fitted you forget about it, and don’t even notice it is there. Roger is always eager to give you any help or guidance you might need. As Amarillo says arrange and make a weekend out of it. Well worth it.