Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Solar panel Summer sale this weekend (5th to 7th July 2019)

Roger Donoghue

Roger Donoghue

VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi all, here at www.solarcampersolutions.co.uk we are running a weekend summer sale with 10% off everything, including all MTTP upgrade options.

This offer can't be combined with any other codes.

When you have the kit you want in your cart, select "view cart" and there is a coupon box. The coupon code will not be valid until the sale starts.

The coupon is:

10summerjuly2019

The sale start on Friday the 5th of July and ends at midnight on Sunday the 7th of July.

Enjoy!

Just trying this code but get a message that the coupon is not found.

Oops! Didn't activate it !

Working now (and tested!)

Last edited:
Will this method of fixing solar panels take the roof above 2m? Many barriers are 2m in France, for instance. I had mine done. Now 2.03m which bars me from many car parks

Nope. It is still lower than the official awning box.

Hiya Roger, I have emailed your sales email regarding you don’t have an option to post to cumbria and your ordering system won’t let me go any further unless i state a county, the sun does shine this far north:thumb

Last edited:
Can you show a picture of the internal cable and connection to leisure battery. Please also clarify options that need to be selected for 240 power, ie charging phone or using electric kettle if it’s possible.

I
Hiya Roger, I have emailed your sales email regarding you don’t have an option to post to cumbria and your ordering system won’t let me go any further unless i state a county, the sun does shine this far north:thumb
Emailed you. Prob in spam. I've added Cumbria ! ( You can also put any county in and it will work )

R

Can you show a picture of the internal cable and connection to leisure battery. Please also clarify options that need to be selected for 240 power, ie charging phone or using electric kettle if it’s possible.
Hi. I'm away so no pics at the moment. Do you have an ocean or a beach ?

You should charge your phone off usb leads which plug into cigar sockets. Avoid 240v unless you must. You need an inverter for that. Some Cali's have one built in for the front mains socket.

R

P.s. if anyone has emailed me do check your spam folder for a reply. I always reply promptly but Google have got it in for me and put a lot of my replies in spam folders. I've never spammed a soul but often mentioning discount coupons I think puts me on a suspicious list !

No. The awning casing is usually higher. The solar panel adds only 14mm at the highest point of the roof , the centre, and on almost all Cali's I've worked on, the awning case was higher.

I have seen some lower mounted awnings mind you.

If I pushed the Cali over 2m I'd have heard about it, and a lot of people ask.

Thank you for that, I have always thought that the roof was the highest albeit very marginally.
We learn something every day!
:cheers

Hi. I'm away so no pics at the moment. Do you have an ocean or a beach ?

You should charge your phone off usb leads which plug into cigar sockets. Avoid 240v unless you must. You need an inverter for that. Some Cali's have one built in for the front mains socket.

R
I have 2018 Ocean purchased new last June

I have 2018 Ocean purchased new last June
So the benefits you’re keeping the leisure battery topped up if you are stationary without hook up for longer than perhaps 4 days and using fridge, or am I missing something.

So the benefits you’re keeping the leisure battery topped up if you are stationary without hook up for longer than perhaps 4 days and using fridge, or am I missing something.

If you email me (address in my sig below) I'll send you the install instructions - which show all the cabling.

The main benefit of solar is you can camp without hookup. Your batteries are usually good for 3-4 days if in top condition (Ocean, halve that for a Beach) and not heavily used other than regular camping needs. Solar lets you use power with much more flexibility - multiple tablet / phone charging etc, and no need to run the engine for 40 mins here and there. Perfect for festivals too.

It also means you'll never flatten (and then damage) your batteries. On top of this it provides a full maintenance charge so you don't need to plug into an electric hookup occasionally.

Unless, obviously, van is garaged for lengthy periods

@Roger Donoghue Roger, is there enough external cable to allow the panel to be positioned further forward by a foot or so, so as to allow roof bars to be fitted either side of the panel?

Yes, the curly cord will handle an extra foot and I give plenty of spare length on the flat cable

Roger out at the mo can I order an add on panel & a curly lead?

Hi Paul, no problem. I'll send you a paypal invoice, less 10%.

The 'hookup not required brigade' has grown over the weekend. :) It as to be one of the best addons for Cali.

Back