Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

South Coast within 2 hours of Farnborough

Mart123blue

Mart123blue

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
So I pick up my new van in March, exact date to be confirmed. My wife runs the London Marathon on 22nd April so the following week I want to plan our first proper trip away.

The rough plan is leave around lunchtime on Thursday, drive max 2 hours to a nice campsite and return Monday.

We normally stay here http://www.southlytchettmanor.co.uk/ and its lovely but I am considering somewhere with a few more facilities if the weather is not great.

Does anybody have any suggestions, the site needs to be dog and 4 year old boy friendly and near the coast.

thanks in advance.

M

So I pick up my new van in March, exact date to be confirmed. My wife runs the London Marathon on 22nd April so the following week I want to plan our first proper trip away.

The rough plan is leave around lunchtime on Thursday, drive max 2 hours to a nice campsite and return Monday.

We normally stay here http://www.southlytchettmanor.co.uk/ and its lovely but I am considering somewhere with a few more facilities if the weather is not great.

Does anybody have any suggestions, the site needs to be dog and 4 year old boy friendly and near the coast.

thanks in advance.

M
Sandy Balls in the New Forest ticks most boxes.

Thanks it looks lovely.

I think I will try Highlands End as I fancy being right on the beach this time.

I am pushing the 2hr limit though.

Cheers

M

Why not go somewhere before the VMLM, when your wife is in taper down? A period when it's great to get away and chill for a while?

I'm going to Tredegar house, Newport. Probably three hours for you, not two, but lots to see and do in the area plus some great relaxed running tracks in the grounds itself, just right for doing short "keep loose" jogs.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I think we will find our feet with a few day trips, hopefully it won’t take too long to fit carpet sets and seat covers