Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Space Mate Sliding Drawer

M

MalcolmHSoli22

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
After several months thinking about this piece of kit I eventually picked one up last week for our 2022 Ocean. I know some members question whether it’s really necessary but, personally, I think it’s brilliant. Excellent quality product, superbly engineered. Simon from Space Mate was also tremendously helpful - a really decent genuine guy.

After several months thinking about this piece of kit I eventually picked one up last week for our 2022 Ocean. I know some members question whether it’s really necessary but, personally, I think it’s brilliant. Excellent quality product, superbly engineered. Simon from Space Mate was also tremendously helpful - a really decent genuine guy.
Just seen video on this item of kit and it looks amazing. The video showed that a Porta Potti 335 does fit however does a 345 which is slightly higher?

Does it take up more space than normally available?

Does it take up more space than normally available?
That’s what has always put me off. You loose quite a bit of space at each side as everything needs to stay within the confines of the slidy bit.

A gimmick IMO.

That’s what has always put me off. You loose quite a bit of space at each side as everything needs to stay within the confines of the slidy bit.

A gimmick IMO.
Personally I found the actual -useable space- in the back of the van actually grew by installing a sliding tray. Still feel it's one of the best things we ever added to our Cali setup.

Personally I found the actual -useable space- in the back of the van actually grew by installing a sliding tray. Still feel it's one of the best things we ever added to our Cali setup.
Agreed. Having to dive down and under the bed to utilise every bit fo space will never be efficient. The tray really helps in being able to logically lay things out (top down), and not need to unload half the items to get to stuff at the rear.

I’m also a fan of the SpaceMate. I picked one up last week and am very happy so far. The sliding drawer is very well made and I expect I will use the “boot” area more now I have easier access.

Back