Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Speed Alert via MFD settings

Wrinkly Ninja

Wrinkly Ninja

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Posted this in the wrong place a few minutes ago...

In anticipation of driving through Europe this summer I thought it would be helpful, especially for France, to have an audible warning if I exceed a set speed.
I will of course look at the speedo (though the kph digital readout is very small) and the cruise control can help on Autoroutes, but limits are changing in France and the very friendly Gendarmes are happy to bolster their Christmas party fund.
Under "Settings" in the MFD window there is "Speed Alert" but you can only tick it on or off. Do I need to set the alert speed when driving? :happy:happy

I think you set it with the up/down arrows in MFD, it's in a different menu, the same one as adblue & oil, but this is from fiddling & memory. I don't take in stuff from the manual. (-:

Posted this in the wrong place a few minutes ago...

In anticipation of driving through Europe this summer I thought it would be helpful, especially for France, to have an audible warning if I exceed a set speed.
I will of course look at the speedo (though the kph digital readout is very small) and the cruise control can help on Autoroutes, but limits are changing in France and the very friendly Gendarmes are happy to bolster their Christmas party fund.
Under "Settings" in the MFD window there is "Speed Alert" but you can only tick it on or off. Do I need to set the alert speed when driving? :happy:happy

>settings
>>MFD data
>>>speed warn. Tick

>MFD
>>speed warning
•OK
Scroll warning speed 30kph to 250kph in 5kph increments or mph equivalent.

You can adjust the speed warning speed as you drive, but you cannot turn it on/off unless stationary and can access the settings menu.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Last edited:
>settings
>>MFD data
>>>speed warn. Tick

>MFD
>>speed warning
•OK
Scroll warning speed 30kph to 250kph in 5kph increments or mph equivalent.

You can adjust the speed warning speed as you drive, but you cannot turn it on/off unless stationary and can access the settings menu.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

That worked just right...many thanks Amarillo...and Jay 586 too :thumb

If you set the warning to 30mph, for example, does it warn you audibly when you exceed the speed and then go quiet or does it constantly sound off?

If you set the warning to 30mph, for example, does it warn you audibly when you exceed the speed and then go quiet or does it constantly sound off?

One audible warning each time you exceed the limit with (I think) a constant visual warning until you drop to the limit minus 2. The audible warning won't resound if, in your example of 30mph, you drop to 29 or 28mph then re-exceed the limit. If you drop to 27 the visual warning goes off and the warnings, audible and visual, return when you reach 31 again.

This is from memory, and I may have some details slightly incorrect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back