Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spot the Error

Goldie

Goldie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Saw this Cali for sale on the VW Van Centre Liverpool on the VW UK site - Can you spot what's wrong? Definitely advertised as a Beach and looks like one!

vw cali 2.jpg VW Cali.jpg

Finally spotted it, would be the perfect buy for the other "should I buy a Beach or convert my Caravelle" thread.

That's one of those caravelle beach type things :thumb new to the VW fleet :thumb

Hi,
Can you help a newbie? We thought of going to see this but I am now very confused.
What is the difference between this and a true beach?

Thanks

On the tailgate it is badged as a Caravelle. A Beach would be badged as California there. So is this a Misbadged Beach or a Caravelle that has had a roof added??? Maybe 3rd option that it's had a rear end repair and they didn't have the correct badge? The upholstery looks quite dark to me as well but then there is now the option of a darker trim on the. beach so that's not conclusive.

Thanks, I don't know what to make of this one now.
You guys are showing me you have to be extra vigalent!

I'm learning loads from this forum. Hopefully I'll have my own beach and be able to help others one day soon! Lol!

The upholstery looks correct and the van seemed well spec'd but the Caravelle badge threw me!

Looking closely it doesn't have front and rear parking sensors which I think are a must if you use it on a daily basis or need to park somewhere tight.

It does have Climatronic and the Parking Heater. No problem phoning them and asking what the history is. You'll sound knowledgeable pointing out the wrong badge and you can always come back here for some advice.

Andy

Good spot...

If you type in the Reg. plate on any web site that searches the dvla web site then the Reg. plate says its registered as a California motor caravan

I used http://www.witter-towbars.co.uk/ and entered the reg ... It's a simple way of checking the Reg.plate and the vehicle match. I've used it several times when looking at cars.. Try it on your California's...

Wirral said:
Good spot...

If you type in the Reg. plate on any web site that searches the dvla web site then the Reg. plate says its registered as a California motor caravan

I used http://www.witter-towbars.co.uk/ and entered the reg ... It's a simple way of checking the Reg.plate and the vehicle match. I've used it several times when looking at cars.. Try it on your California's...

Yep, even works on my NI Number that I decided to keep rather than 62/12 UK plate if I had changed to UK plate.

Andy

Hi, I'd be keen if someone could clarify the situation with the vehicle DF63 EAG

The dealership told me it was a California Beach 140.

Please advise as now quite concerned that I've reserved a Caravelle with a roof and not a Beach with a programmable night heater, the only option that I wanted. I can do without front and rear sensors for parking.

Thanks

Its a beach :cool without a doubt :thumb
Why would someone put a roof on a caravelle of this year also
No sliding door on passengers side

Thank you for putting our minds at rest, we thought buying a California from the dealership was the most sensible option. Are other beaches badged as Caravelles or is this a mistake?

It's just a mistake my cali is badged up as california caddy :thumb

Thanks again, I'm glad I've not made a huge mistake. I guess the Caravelle badge has just found its way onto the tailgate. It was advertised as a beach so I'll live with the badge.

I'm impressed with the response to my question, can I ask what extras you would recommend for a total newbie? The Beach will be my daily drive plus holiday van. I'm considering rear bumper protector and wind deflectors for dealer to fit. I just need to decide between monster mats or carpet?

A Mutze cap will be first on the wish list..

Thanks again

I would go with monster mats.

You could ask the dealer to rebadge it :hello

Thank you Andy and all for such good advice, I've queried the Caravelle badge on the boot and the garage have the right California badge now on order.

Thanks once again to all, we're now looking forward to picking it up soon.

Ejt2 said:
Hi, I'd be keen if someone could clarify the situation with the vehicle DF63 EAG

The dealership told me it was a California Beach 140.

Please advise as now quite concerned that I've reserved a Caravelle with a roof and not a Beach with a programmable night heater, the only option that I wanted. I can do without front and rear sensors for parking.

Thanks
Sorry I didn't pick up on your post earlier, despite me starting the thread I haven't received update notifications.

I thought it was a good deal and was giving some advice to a previous poster (Serendipity C) as well as making mischief over the badge. :laugh2

It looked good and in many ways I could do without the F&R sensors. I reverse mine up against the garage each night to prevent removal of the bike rack and to stop anyone thinking of trying to get into my garage. You can't trust the sensors for the last few inches so that's a job for the wife.

Monster mats are good and buy a cheap one to go underneath and cover central area. See other posts on here. You only need the front one not the full set.

Andy

Thanks again,

Yet more good advice, I'm glad I signed up to this forum.

I've had excellent customer service from Liverpool Van Centre, good communication and nothing has been too much trouble. We've only asked for three additional extras, monster mats, wind deflectors and a black bumper cover to protect the lip of the bumper from scratches.

This is our first campervan, we're looking forward to it.

Thanks again

Hi EJT2,

So you are the person that bought the Beach we wanted!
I challenge you to a duel at dawn!

Only joking. It's a nice van you have got yourself.
We really liked it but it didnt quite work out for us partly because they wouldn't sell it to us until April.

We are actually picking up a silver Beach tomorrow. Cant wait!

Hope you enjoy yours.

Carol

Good to have you onboard. Add some info about yourself and your Cali as it's nice to know when you are communicating with a fellow Beach owner and not straying into T4 or SE terroritory :oops:

Andy

Correction! Good to have both of you on board :D There is a great Beach community here and lots of good advice and innovation.

Andy

Back