Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any sort of parking heater included on Beach 6.1 as standard?

C

California219

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi folks,

I know the programmable parking heater with remote fob is available as a £2400 option but does the 6.1 have a basic parking heater as standard?

I ask because all of the T6 2017-19 Beach models I see advertised for sale seem to have a rotary heating knob and blower speed setting just below the main van heating controls with what looks like a cigarette lighter socket next to it. Assumed this was the primitive level parking heater if you didn't pay to upgrade to the full programmable/remote control version.

With the T6.1 dash redesign it doesn't look like there is space for these dials below the main van heater controls and the heater seems to be controlled by the new Beach overhead camping panel.

That’s just the heating control for the passenger area if you didn’t upgrade to the climatic aircon option in the back.it just controls heat whilst driving and engine on in the rear

The beach comes with no parking heater unless the option picked and paid for when ordering and if it has the factory parking heater you have controls on the roof above windscreen

The beach comes with no parking heater unless the option picked and paid for when ordering and if it has the factory parking heater you have controls on the roof above windscreen
Great info thank you

Neither of the beach incarnations have the park heater on the dashboard. Factory fitted ones have a panel below the interior lights to operate it. The 6.1 is operated from the fancy touch screen if its fitted as an option. All after market ones will have a seperate control stat elsewhere in the van. And no they don't come as standard in either model

Neither of the beach incarnations have the park heater on the dashboard. Factory fitted ones have a panel below the interior lights to operate it. The 6.1 is operated from the fancy touch screen if its fitted as an option. All after market ones will have a seperate control stat elsewhere in the van. And no they don't come as standard in either model

Brilliant that’s great to know.

Easy when you add the £2400 heater option and a few other bits to almost be at Ocean money then! Or Coast at least. (Looking at the broker pricing anyway).

Brilliant that’s great to know.

Easy when you add the £2400 heater option and a few other bits to almost be at Ocean money then! Or Coast at least. (Looking at the broker pricing anyway).
Get an ocean. I had a beach and loved it. But the ocean wiins it for me

Beach would suit us better with kids aged 1 and 3 it’s going to be more of a day van at least for a couple of years. But the amount of extra kit you get on the ocean is amazing.

There are numerous places to get a retrofit heater installed for less than the £2400 mentioned.
Advantage could be that it is completely independent of the Beach's systems.

Van to campervan convertors fit them as either diesel or gas powered 9need a gas tank obviously).

relatively cheap Chinese made heaters available.

Planar Pete is your man for retrofit - plenty of reviews of his excellent work on here plus with an aftermarket one you can add the option to control it via your phone which I use to warm the van up before I get back to it

Exploria in Brighouse added a heater to my Beach:

Back