Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stain on upholstery

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi Everyone

Have loads of trips & holidays booked in Jack Burns II, maybe meet some of you along the road! Wee stain on upholstery of back bench seat; paid extra for upholstery to be protected before we bought but obviously not very effective. Have used upholstery cleaner supplied with van but to no avail, fairy liquid & damp cloth no use either. Any tips?

E&H

Have you tried Autoglym interior shampoo? Has worked a treat for me in the past. Halfords or Amazon, check Amazon / YouTube for reviews

I use domestic "Vanish" pre wash spray, leave for a short while, works on a lot of stains including red wine ...

(yes .. personal experience )...

If you paid for the upholstery treatment did you not have a Garentee with it? I did with mine with a full valet in 3 rd year.

I have bought a couple of tins of Scotchgard. Hoping to treat my seats before we start. Have tested it on some furnishings and it seems to work well enough.

You say you have a "wee stain on the upholstery"
To clarify, do you mean a small area of stain or has someone urinated on the upholstery?

This is why 99% of Cali's all have seat covers, why they use such rubbish material for a campervan is beyond me

I took my covers off.

I could not stand even more grey in the van any longer.

I am now trusting scotchguard and a microfibre towel that fits the seat squab brilliantly and which I now travel with in situ all the time. So far despite two wet doggy trips the seats are unmarked.

Personally I don't like slipping and sliding around on waterproof covers, unless there is a cast iron reason for using them, as I do not intend "protecting" the interior for future owners. I bought it for me not them! So I have the the Autoshine protective Package. I will use the 3 year guarantee that I have paid for and if and when the upholstery is beyond redemption then I'll get the Brandrup or some other make 2nd skin covers or even have them recovered in something else.
Also I don't have any waterproof covers on the settee at home!:kiss

Personally I don't like slipping and sliding around on waterproof covers, unless there is a cast iron reason for using them, as I do not intend "protecting" the interior for future owners. I bought it for me not them! So I have the the Autoshine protective Package. I will use the 3 year guarantee that I have paid for and if and when the upholstery is beyond redemption then I'll get the Brandrup or some other make 2nd skin covers or even have them recovered in something else.
Also I don't have any waterproof covers on the settee at home!:kiss
Definitely wouldn't want 'waterproof' covers but have contacted the garage where we bought our cali and they are getting back to us as regards to any guarantee with Guardx

I took my covers off.

I could not stand even more grey in the van any longer.

I am now trusting scotchguard and a microfibre towel that fits the seat squab brilliantly and which I now travel with in situ all the time. So far despite two wet doggy trips the seats are unmarked.
Turns out that Guardx was on the receipt but it was Lifeshine that they actually used. VW dealer sending someone out to remove stain and retreat. Hopefully will work, just a bit soon for it not to be effective

I don't like the grey either but have fitted the grey waterproof covers, then on top of that I have sheepskins from the Queens Home Farm as I live locally. These make the seats very comfy warm in winter and cool in summer, and the lanolin in them works better than Autoglym or Scotchguard

I don't like the grey either but have fitted the grey waterproof covers, then on top of that I have sheepskins from the Queens Home Farm as I live locally. These make the seats very comfy warm in winter and cool in summer, and the lanolin in them works better than Autoglym or Scotchguard
Sounds nice & cosy

Back