Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stainless steel exhaust

B6POB

B6POB

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi all,
Looking for a new exhaust for my T4, has anyone bought a stainless steel system recently that can vouch for the fit/quality?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Fitted PP Tuning system to our Westy just a few weeks ago. Great build quality, came with all the fittings except the downpipe flange gasket. In hindsight I wish I’d paid them a visit and had the system built on the camper as a few of the hangers are pulling a bit and the silencer is a bit more snug to the heat shielding than I’d really like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is very useful info as the pp tuning 2.5" system was top of the list. I'm currently in the process of trying to return a system from another company that just did not fit at all even though advertised as direct fit. Would pp custom make on the day though or would they not just fit the T4 setup as you did?

I spent a bit of time firing questions to PP about their system. I was concerned that because it had one less silencer than the VW system it would be uncomfortable to listen to on a long journey - not so. It’s just as quiet and doesn’t sound as ‘thrashy’ when you push higher up the revs. It’s worth reading their website pages about exhaust theory too. The 2.5” system is really only worthwhile if you’re pushing 150bhp plus from the engine. You’ve a 102bhp I believe as we have and the standard system smooths out the power delivery quite nicely. As for visiting them to have a system fitted I would assume they build it on the day so all the hangers on the pipes would sit exactly right, where as built to order for self fit isn’t always going to be quite as easy to judge. Despite all T4s leaving the factory with their bits and bobs in pretty much the same places.

Thanks for the reply, all great info. I'm stuck really, I bought one from another company, removed & binned the old one as it had snapped then the new one didn't fit at all. Now the van is off the road and I the places I have messaged regarding custom builds are busy until mid Aug to which the van MOT will have ran out. And to top it off my Mrs is due on Fri so would have liked it done and dusted before then

Wow. What a predicament. PP’s postal delivery is great. The turnaround is pretty quick and I reckon they’d probably pull the stops out for you if you explained your current situation. Mine cost £333 including delivery. Bear in mind this is for the ‘Cat’ back and assumes you still have the downpipe fitted.

Haha yeah it picked a good time to snap. That's cheap then, it's £375 on their website, did you get discount for being on this forum?

You’re looking at the price for the 2.5” system. They only recommend that for engines with 150bhp and more. Wasted money unless you’ve short term plans to up the power. Given our imminent arrival that’s probably on the back burner. This is the system I have.

Back