Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stainless steel pint “glasses”

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Has anyone from the club thought of these? They are very popular at festivals now and really useful for camping. Ours were from Shrewsbury Folk Festival and we find them really useful. Obviously they could be used for hot or cold drinks or to cook in or just use as a tall “bowl”.

You can get versions with a band & carabiner clip (really handy for hanging in the van or clipping to your belt or rucksack) or a shoulder/neck strap.

https://www.enviro-cup.co.uk/enviro-cup/

Having forgotten our tea mugs the other week we resorted to using our stainless steel tumblers for a hot drink, don't do it, you'll burn your fingers..

Having forgotten our tea mugs the other week we resorted to using our stainless steel tumblers for a hot drink, don't do it, you'll burn your fingers..
and your lips

I have contacted the company and asked if they have thought of doing a removable insulating sleeve for them. I’m a knitter and they are easy to make.

I was wondering if the club were interested in getting some done and selling through the shop. I’m sure people would be interested as they are so versatile.

I have contacted the company and asked if they have thought of doing a removable insulating sleeve for them. I’m a knitter and they are easy to make.

I was wondering if the club were interested in getting some done and selling through the shop. I’m sure people would be interested as they are so versatile.
Even if you only used them for cold stuff, they are still really worth it. They stack well and are lightweight, so great in a camper.

Stanley do a stainless beer "glass" with a double wall to keep the beer cool and a neoprene sleeve to hold. I have two and they are pretty good. Not an imperial pint though.

Stanley do a stainless beer "glass" with a double wall to keep the beer cool and a neoprene sleeve to hold. I have two and they are pretty good. Not an imperial pint though.
Sounds like a great idea, Walrus. They’d be poo-pooed at festivals though. Will look them up.

Pewter tankards?

Pewter tankards?
Can’t stand the taste, put up with it for years when there were few alternatives (especially when folk festivalling - you could get a lot of kudos with an interesting &/or old pewter tankard clipped to your belt or bag).

Now things are changing, pewter is becoming “old hat” and for the “old and bold”. To be on trend, sporting a stainless steel straight, pint tumbler attached via some jazzy webbing and a carabinier is the way to go.

Cold drinks have a nice cool, crisp taste in stainless steel and they’re easy to clean, don’t tarnish and are light to carry. Especially popular at festivals with the anti-plastic mission being taken on board. They’re cheap too.

As Walrus said, disappointingly you can't get a whole pint in those stainless mugs.

Back