Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wanted Standard SE rear parcel shelf foam / mattress

H

haydnw2

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Our SE came with the Comfort mattress. If anyone has the original VW 'standard' foam, i.e. just the single-length section to cover the parcel shelf (not the rest of the bed) and thinner than the very thick section on the comfort mattress then I'd quite like to get hold of one. We can get a new Brandrup Ixtend pad to do the same job for £120 so I'd really only be interested if someone wants to part with theirs for less than that. Thanks!

Our SE came with the Comfort mattress. If anyone has the original VW 'standard' foam, i.e. just the single-length section to cover the parcel shelf (not the rest of the bed) and thinner than the very thick section on the comfort mattress then I'd quite like to get hold of one. We can get a new Brandrup Ixtend pad to do the same job for £120 so I'd really only be interested if someone wants to part with theirs for less than that. Thanks!
Just a thought... the club shop sells covers for the rear shelf mattress (I have one from my T6 Ocean). It must be possible to buy some foam and cut to shape and use the cover on it?

Good idea! What's the fit like? As long as it's not too baggy I can see that working.

I put the rear metal frame on the higher position and use a piece of cardboard ( carpet when I get around to it ) thus getting a good nights sleep and having gained extra storage.
Not what you were asking, I know...... the slim standard foam takes up room with little benefit ,,, mine is in the loft for if and when the van gets sold .

Good idea! What's the fit like? As long as it's not too baggy I can see that working.
Not too baggy. I used it over my original parcel shelf cushion and left it on to protect it as had dog crates on the parcel shelf. Could also make the bed without any issue.

Thanks @AlisonF, sounds like it's definitely worth a look.

@EddieEagle - yes, agree about little benefit. We have the frame on the highest setting, with a plain shelf, too. We have no room to store the large comfort mattress though, so we're going to sell it and get some kind of smaller standard cushion so that there's at least something if we ever sell the van.

Back