Sticking Exterior Door Handle

JuanVecino2023

JuanVecino2023

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Anyone had this?

I feel like a real bugbear grumbling about QC on my van. I do like the thing, but the build & detail is not great!

Drivers door handle is sticking open. I fiddled and prodded a bit. But I don’t want to jeopardise any warranty work when it goes in.

Anyone else had this? Started this morning. Doesn’t want to shut without a bit of a fettle.

IMG_5082.jpeg

Anyone had this?

I feel like a real bugbear grumbling about QC on my van. I do like the thing, but the build & detail is not great!

Drivers door handle is sticking open. I fiddled and prodded a bit. But I don’t want to jeopardise any warranty work when it goes in.

Anyone else had this? Started this morning. Doesn’t want to shut without a bit of a fettle.

View attachment 129869
I’ve not had that problem, so sorry I can’t help, but as a new 6.1 owner I want to agree on your general point of quality control. You are not alone. I have a similar list of issues to those that you’ve been coming up with. (I am returning my van to the dealer next week to have them fixed.)

A squirt of brake and clutch cleaner, to clean old grease, wipe clean, the residue will evaporate and then a squirt of Silicon Oil Spray, wipe excess off....should work until the next time it doesn't. VW service people like squirting white lithium grease which is OK until it gets dirty and clogs everything up!

Back