Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 california ocean sliding door not opened sporadically

T

TP73

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi,
I've had the problem of the sliding door sticking, not opening sporadically on a 2year old t6.1 ocean. It happens when opening using inside or outside handle. If inside the rear of the door needs to be pushed out. When outside, the handle needs to be pulled a couple of times. Been with the dealer a number of times but as it happens sporadically its difficult for them to find. I've recorded it and sent them videos.
Any help much appreciated. I've tried lubing the rubber seals, no change.
Thanks
Tom

Hi,
I've had the problem of the sliding door sticking, not opening sporadically on a 2year old t6.1 ocean. It happens when opening using inside or outside handle. If inside the rear of the door needs to be pushed out. When outside, the handle needs to be pulled a couple of times. Been with the dealer a number of times but as it happens sporadically its difficult for them to find. I've recorded it and sent them videos.
Any help much appreciated. I've tried lubing the rubber seals, no change.
Thanks
Tom
I presume you have the manual door with electric soft close , that pulls the rear of the door in flh to the body work.
You should hear a whirring noise at the rear of the door on locking and unlocking.
Check the electric contacts on the front edge of the door are clean.
Lubricate the rear soft close mechanism. It rotates to pull the rear of the door in.
Contacts
20220730_144908.jpg20220730_144901.jpg

Soft close mechanism

20220730_144854.jpg

If it still happens then a microswitch within the lock may be failing.

Thanks mate. Tried all these and dealer says it could be an alignment problem. I feel its something in the door between the handles and the release mechanism. I'll try the rear soft close mechanism.

Thanks mate. Tried all these and dealer says it could be an alignment problem. I feel its something in the door between the handles and the release mechanism. I'll try the rear soft close mechanism.
If you have to bang the rear of the door, when opening from the inside, it would seem to indicate the electric soft close is not unwinding to push the rear of the door outwards to enable it to slide rear wards.

We had that problem. It was an alignment issue.

The last mechanical close stopped working - the point where its almost closed, then it pulls itself closed. Also, it stopped opening as it got worse.

On the top of the door it was just a bolt that needed tightening that had come loose. It took the mechanic at the dealership 5 mins to tighten the loose bolt and fix it. He said it's a fairly common problem.

The issue would be getting to it. There's not much clearance and he had a special shaped tool to get in.

Back