Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sticking kitchen cupboard door

IanE

IanE

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
22C62C16-6AC1-4133-B6F0-696DD2AEF58C.jpeg Just wondered if others had this small but annoying problem and hopefully hit on a solution - the left hand door slides with ease, but the one under the sink has always required a shove to slide it open. We've put up with it until now, but it's beginning to bug me. I've applied lithium WD40 to the runner to no avail. I've managed to get a photo of the sliding mechanism which I insert here. There are two of the parts that are attached to the door itself. It looks like the parts attached to the door are fixed with Allen key style screws - could it be that if these screws are loosened, the sliding action would be eased? They are v tricky to get at and I'm a bit nervous about having the door come loose and getting it back on would be quite tricky. You will have guessed by my poor command of the correct terminology that I'm no DIY expert!

Any advice gratefully received

Ian

View attachment 30274 Just wondered if others had this small but annoying problem and hopefully hit on a solution - the left hand door slides with ease, but the one under the sink has always required a shove to slide it open. We've put up with it until now, but it's beginning to bug me. I've applied lithium WD40 to the runner to no avail. I've managed to get a photo of the sliding mechanism which I insert here. There are two of the parts that are attached to the door itself. It looks like the parts attached to the door are fixed with Allen key style screws - could it be that if these screws are loosened, the sliding action would be eased? They are v tricky to get at and I'm a bit nervous about having the door come loose and getting it back on would be quite tricky. You will have guessed by my poor command of the correct terminology that I'm no DIY expert!

Any advice gratefully received

Ian
Is that screw missing?
If so then that might be the problem. The slider plate is twisting and jamming in the slider.
I would suggest, straightening up the slider, as it is at a slight angle and tighten the remaining screw. If that solves the problem then I would see about getting the missing screw replaced or failing that dribble some superglue into the empty hole to fix the plate. Screw would be best.

Many thanks WG - I did say I wasn't much cop on the DIY front but I didn't appreciate just what a dunce I can be! Believe it or not I hadn't noticed the missing screw - I'll follow your advice.

Many thanks WG - I did say I wasn't much cop on the DIY front but I didn't appreciate just what a dunce I can be! Believe it or not I hadn't noticed the missing screw - I'll follow your advice.
Let us know how things turn out.

Part 12 should give you the missing screw if you cannot find an alternative.
22DC7707-E3BF-4C1B-BFDC-BA1B1323E524.png

That's really helpful thank you - I think I'll order the part before I go any further but certainly I'll post how I get on.

Part 12 should give you the missing screw if you cannot find an alternative.
View attachment 30289
Thank you - very helpful. :) I have a similar problem but metal runner attachment bent and plastic attachment snapped. I'll order and post how I get on. Never ceases to amaze me how useful this forum can be.

Can you send me a link to this page - I'll then order via my local VW Garage I suspect.

Many thanks

Last edited:
No idea I'm afraid.

http://www.oemepc.com

Click on Campmobile, Select Year and then section.

Camping side of things is in Accessories and Body.
Thanks for this - very helpful. I've sent the link to my VW garage - don't know if theres any other way of ordering it. I also guess I'll have to remove the pop rivets somehow if I get the part.

That's really helpful thank you - I think I'll order the part before I go any further but certainly I'll post how I get on.
Sorry I just realised I didn't report back - I decided to leave it alone. It's not that sticky and I fear that if I attempt improvement I could make it worse. In any event I wonder if it's a common issue?

Update - ordered the part from VW it cost £34 and included two top runners and brackets. In my case it was only the bit of cream plastic that sits in the runner that had snapped and metal bracket bent. Refitted in about 30 minutes - easy. Tip: When re-attaching the top metal bracket there is room to adjust the height of the door. Make sure you get this right ie allowing some space at the top and bottom, this allows the door to run freely. It took some adjustment with me to get it right. Then spray some silicone in the runners and job done. Also the door handle doesn't fly off anymore. This is a photo of the kit that arrived.IMG_2819.JPG