Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stolen parking sensors

J

Jack Slade

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Two front parking sensors stolen from van either on drive or parked up while out for a walk. Wiring now short so looks like a pain to remove the front to replace them. What will they steal next1

Two front parking sensors stolen from van either on drive or parked up while out for a walk. Wiring now short so looks like a pain to remove the front to replace them. What will they steal next1
Absolutely terrible. Any damage as a result?

Does the internal system detect that you have 2 sensors missing when you press the sensor button?

Did you have an awning?
Are your airbags still in place?
Is your surf key not nicked?

I am not sure when they went as it was not until parking in London close to another vehicle when I thought somethings wrong sensors not working. (After not using the van for a few weeks). I got out to see they were missing. It's the outer two so can't have fallen off. No damage I guess you can just ping them out with your finger and rip off the wiring.
Nothing else missing, spare wheel has a lock. The other two do still work but missing the operation when front swings in.
I now think a front windscreen camera although it would not see them may act as a deterrent.
We went to Chilham and as usual parked up in the car park as far away from everyone else and went for a walk. Either there or at anytime on the drive as I reverse on.

Many dashcams have the ability to be activated when the vehicle is knocked or interfered with even though the engine is switched off.

Mine is wired so that if I chose I can leave it active when I have parked up, You just sense that some locations are more a risk than others.

I have a dashcam on the rear window too.

I think that is very wise, thank you

Many dashcams have the ability to be activated when the vehicle is knocked or interfered with even though the engine is switched off.

Mine is wired so that if I chose I can leave it active when I have parked up, You just sense that some locations are more a risk than others.

I have a dashcam on the rear window too.
Which dashcam did you install Alan and how did you install the rear one - on the window or elsewhere? Just wondering about wiring to it and rear blind operation.

Which dashcam did you install Alan and how did you install the rear one - on the window or elsewhere? Just wondering about wiring to it and rear blind operation.
Is the basic nextbase dashcam, was on offer at Aldi or Lidl.

Yes is permanently attached to rear window with the adhesive pad....not the provided sucky mount.

Is positioned to the side of the wiper. Wired through the tailgate and 13mm hole with rubber grommet in the plastic trim. It does not interfere with the blind. I can post a photo if it will help.

I also have bike rack fitted, so the camera is positioned below the bottom rail. With the tinted glass it is not obvious from the outside.

Is wired permanently to the leisure battery circuit...I have solar kit to keep battery topped up, so no worries about flattening the battery.

Yes is permanently attached to rear window with the adhesive pad....not the provided sucky mount.

Is positioned to the side of the wiper. Wired through the tailgate and 13mm hole with rubber grommet in the plastic trim. It does not interfere with the blind. I can post a photo if it will help.

I also have bike rack fitted, so the camera is positioned below the bottom rail. With the tinted glass it is not obvious from the outside.

Is wired permanently to the leisure battery circuit...I have solar kit to keep battery topped up, so no worries about flattening the battery.
Thanks Alan

Photos would be interesting for me... Although, I believe I could get them mounted... I too have a solar pannel

People will steal anything.

Once I was parked outside an hotel near the NEC and someone tried, but failed, to steal my windscreen from my Ford Fiesta XR2. Knife mark and gauges all round the rubber seal. Luckiliy for me it was a company car.

I had both headlights and front indicatiors nicked out of a discvovery and it was parked up to a wall..150 miles from home couldnt even get a crime referance number, the plod were too busy tis was on Anglesey.

My Son’s car a fortnight ago, after visiting friends in Birmingham....

94FF1F0A-586B-4A84-A7AF-FDD9873BFD7E.jpeg

I am glad I live in Belgium if I see and hear all the stolen stories.

I have had nothing nicked from the 4 cars I have owned.

If things had developed differently, we'd all be living in Germany now.

You're living in South Holland :D or you could be
in the North of France :D
Well, our little space here must be very valuable, as the Spanish, Ostrich, German, French, Dutch, Vikings, Romans, ... all wanted the battle for what is called Belgium nowadays. Who ever wanted Germany?

Back