Storage in coolbox/fridge

Kevin&Becci

Kevin&Becci

One year in and loving it.
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
hey all,
We've had our T6 for a number of months now and we're loving it.
The fridge is starting to annoy me though. The (minor) annoyance of storing veg, meat & booze all together, everything getting squashed. Then having to chase it around the damn box to get it out! Has anyone come up with any solutions or is it only me that gets annoyed by this (I'd like to think I'm quite laid back but maybe I'm wrong)?
I've seen some fridge box things in Lakeland that I wondered if may be an option but thought I'd check with you wise people first.
Cheers,
Becci

Thats the downsize of a small campervan , if you want a big fridge with lots of storage and drawers you need to change verhicle;)

Do you got the metal basket?
Some not even use that becouse it's in the way to acces the lower part...
Have you conciderd using plastic (tupperware) boxes?

I just put some cans of soda in the basket ( perfect fit) and trow some small stuff on top.
Then we use plastic containers to store cheese an meat .
The area under the basket is for things not to acces frequent.
Higher botlles like milk and wine(rose) stand up next to the basket.

I'm happy with the fridge , but we are just two of us .
Do take a small foldable coolingbag ( not using thhe cooling elements) just to keep the fruit a bit cooler.

Thanks Hotel California. As yet we've just been throwing everything into the coolbox and hoping for the best but this isn't working!
Hadn't thought of storing cans in basket - we'd reserved this for small items but as you say this does make it more difficult to access cans (booze).
Am currently with tape measure in hand, measuring the various sizes of plastic boxes Amazon has to offer.

Hello. Glad you are enjoying your Cali. After several months of fridge frustration, I invested in Tupperware-style containers. Definitely better, but it's amazing how often the one you want seems to have migrated to the bottom of the fridge.

+1 for Tupperware boxes. When in France, the basket just holds cartons/cans of stuff and one of those massive Batavia lettuces from the supermarket. When extra travellers with us we also have a 12v plug cooler box.

Hi Becci - on the Lakeland theme, we use a 9 litre " Lock & Lock" bread box from Lakeland in the bottom of the fridge. It fits pretty much perfectly, leaving part of the fridge for essentials (wine/milk) that require the full depth. We leave the lid in place but unsecured so that we can get into the box easily. We also then use the top of the box to put stuff on. I think it makes the fridge a bit more useable. We found that things just got lost that we put underneath the wire basket. Now can I load photos ....

Nope sorry failed on that - not really much to see in any event!

Thanks for this Ian, just looked at the 9 litre one online - may well buy before we go off on holiday next week :)

FYI: two lock and lock 1.6l boxes fit perfectly beneath the fridge basket. Thanks @IanE. Think I may ditch the basket for the 9l box

Back