Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Struggling with Cali Poptop

Denise Jessop

Denise Jessop

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi can any suggest anything that might help me close my pop top. No problems putting it up, but it seems really stiff when I try and close it. I make sure there's plenty of ventilation about. I've tried my best bringing it down from the one strap but being 5'2" I struggle. So I find I need to stand on the passengers chair and use both hands on the pull down bar. Would it be worth trying some silicone spray on the metal poptop brackets? Any advice gratefully accepted, especially as thanks to your advice here I can move my R&R bed now

I should have said that I've only had the van a few months and perhaps I'm just worrying over nothing but it doesn't feel right when I pull it down and I'm panicking thinking I'm going to break something in the process

I'm assuming you have a beach. The initial pull on the roof does require a good bit of weight/effort. Once it's started moving it should almost 'fall' down. Don't forget that the roof struts need that pressure to hold the roof up.
Hope this helps.

Hi can any suggest anything that might help me close my pop top. No problems putting it up, but it seems really stiff when I try and close it. I make sure there's plenty of ventilation about. I've tried my best bringing it down from the one strap but being 5'2" I struggle. So I find I need to stand on the passengers chair and use both hands on the pull down bar. Would it be worth trying some silicone spray on the metal poptop brackets? Any advice gratefully accepted, especially as thanks to your advice here I can move my R&R bed now
Is it the initial pull that's the issue @Denise Jessop ? Or the fastening the catches after?

Your vehicle description says T5 SE, but assume that you have a Beach or a Coast?

Can I also politely suggest that you modify your location to remove your postcode? It advertises the location of your pride and joy!

Hi it's the initial pull that's the problem. Please haven't a clue if it's a coast or beach. That's me all over but I've added a photo now

Think You’ve got 2 posts running with the same question!

Back