Stuff sacks

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
From the club shop, I bought a front window blinds / curtains storage bag for my curtains to keep them nice and clean when stowed in the void under the driver's seat. It's far too big to use as a stuff sack for the curtains in this manner.

I bought a rectangular sleeping bag liner (200 x 72 cm) to compress my Ikea mattress topper and to keep it clean while stowed on the multiflex. It works a dream.

The sleeping bag liner came with it's own stuff sack, and the curtains compress into it nicely and stow in the void under the driver's seat.

Having watched the latest @CaliforniaCamping video review about their new TV, I rushed down to Aldi and bought one. It needed a storage bag to keep it scratch free. The new TV fits perfectly into the Club Shop's curtain bag.

I'm happy.

Talking of stuff / compression sacks has anybody found one that fits a double duvet? Ideally I'd like one that reduces the diameter rather than the l goth of the rolled duvet.

We use one of these:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/search/go?view=grid&w=ortlieb

I think its the largest size and it fits a winter double duvet and two pillows. It fits along the parcel shelf and keeps the bedding neat and dry (had an unpleasant incident when the duvet fell out of Hobie - not nice to sleep under a damp and muddy duvet).

Talking of stuff / compression sacks has anybody found one that fits a double duvet? Ideally I'd like one that reduces the diameter rather than the l goth of the rolled duvet.
Size of stuff sack will depend on material and tog value of the duvet. We have a good quality 4.5 tog duvet which squishes to nothing in the roof. Our 9 tog duvet (which can button onto the 4.5 tog duvet making 13.5 togs) sits folded on the downstairs mattress topper.

BE CAREFUL - heavily compacted down will lose efficiency if compressed for too long. My four seasons sleeping bag has a compression sack for backpacking and a lofting bag for storage at home. Don't stow a down duvet compressed for longer than is necessary, and certainly don't store it at home between trips away compressed.

Last edited:
Hi DM, US Army compression sacks do, get them on EBay

• Thanks
Reactions: DM
Back