Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Summer camping in Sweden

Mosquitos are not really a problem in the south but they are a real pain in the north.

In the North, if you imagine the sound of a rain downpour.... but that is the sound of the mozzies trying to get through the tent. It's not like it gets better after dark, cos it doesn't get dark....... We did a trip a few years back with a volvo and roof tent... the mozzies are one of the reasons we now have a Cali!!

Nice! So looks like a mosquito tent is required. How bad are the mosquitos?
Yes the mosquitos were not bad on this trip, the weather was so hot they were not out. It is best used for the wasps. Nothing more annoying then trying to enjoy your meal fighting with those dame bugs.

Your Cali and gear look great! What make is your roof Topper?

Steve

Your Cali and gear look great! What make is your roof Topper?

Steve
Hi Steve,
The cover is a Mütze cover. It works well as it really kept the heat out on this trip. It was one of the warmest in Sweden. Also kept us dry during the downpour in the rain storm.

Can't make my mind up whether to choose a Grey or Black topper.
Black may be hotter but will dry out quicker in the sun.

I've been wondering about getting a Mutze topper; I think we'd go for a grey one, as the black one might make it too dark in the mornings (like our present insulated wrap-around pucer-type screen, that's the only thing wrong with it). But that might be desirable in the land of the midnight sun!

I've been wondering about getting a Mutze topper; I think we'd go for a grey one, as the black one might make it too dark in the mornings (like our present insulated wrap-around pucer-type screen, that's the only thing wrong with it). But that might be desirable in the land of the midnight sun!
Yes the black will be hot in the summer sun and keep the sun light out. The grey also gives a dark interior.