Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sweden..... west coast ...insight

P

Philip carr

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi
I’m planning to drive up through France/Germany heading for Sweden to spend a few weeks touring the coast, I was wondering if anyone can help with some confirmations.... Q.1 can you get a train from Hamburg to Sweden with the Cali on board ..?
Q.2 Is the west coast the best touring route and is there plenty of sites ....?
Q.3 Is there anything else to consider other than green card, breakdown equipment etc.. when travelling round Sweden....?

Hello and Welcome.
1. No car trains between germany and sweden.
2. Depends, in july the coastline between gothenburg and norway is full of people. Camping spots can be full and is often booked way in advance.
3. Nothing special, you need drl on at all times but I guess that is on by default.

I agere with Kave on all the points, the coast is very busy. Many free camping spots are now marked with no camping. But I still think that it is worth a try to find camping in advance, the islands and the nature are amazing.

Hi
Not a train, but a ferry. Try Kiel to Göteborg overnite, we really love it as it saves a lot of time.
We, too, found it too busy at the westcoast. If you do not really need the sea: the "real" svedish feeling you might find at the lakes, so if you do not want to drive too far I would go from Göteborg to the Vänern, Trollhättan with Waterfalls, Saab Car Museum, maybe Läckö Slott Camping, ... and then just stroll around ...

It will be nice.

Herzliche Grüße from Switzerland
Roland

One alternative is to head to the high coast, it’s less busy and truly spectacular imo, you could take the ferry from Gdańsk to Stockholm then drive up

1. I thought it very pleasant driving through Denmark and across the bridge. Otherwise there are ferries from Germany to Sweden.
2. Went up through the centre from Ystad to lake area. Dipped on to the west coast, around Fjallbacka, busy but found places. Then over to Stockholm, up the east and into the Arctic Circle.
3. Supermarkets sell weak beer, it’s okay, but anything stronger need to find a Systemebolaget (or something like that). A paradise if you like Primula (British cheese in a tube like toothpaste) style spreads on Ryvita style crackers. The fish roe based ones are very nice but salty, go well with a cold beer after a long day driving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk