Swiss campsites near Interlaken

larrylamb

larrylamb

Cali owner.
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Can anyone ( especially our Swiss members) give any feedback on the following sites please, we will be having 3 nights in July around Interlaken. Looking at Manor Farm, Interlaken, Camping Eigernordwand Grindelwald and Camping Jungfrau (Lauterbrunnen). I know there can be heavy rain at times in July, is this worse in the hills than the lake area? Thanks :thumb

Manor Farm was fine. Right on the lake side. Ferry calls there from Interlaken . You get a free pass for use on Ferry or Bus but only too and from campsite to Interlaken. Using pass gives you, I can't remember, Free or very cheap admission to the Town Lido, very well looked after 1930's Lido with diving boards etc. and also cheap tickets up the Funicular Railway. Fantastic views, but beware what appears an easy walk down. I truly suffered with my calves the following 48 hrs.

Last edited:
image.jpeg Danys-camping.ch

Cycled past this one. Looked fab. Small and funky..full of old VDubs.

Alpenblick above is excellent. High end. Eat your dinner off the toilet floor type clean.

We were there in Sept.

Make sure you put your bikes on the train up to the glacier and cycle back down to Grindlwald and Interlaken.

Last edited:
Thanks, great pics sidepod.

Did the Jungfrau marathon s few years ago and stayed in a chalet in Lauterbrunnen. The campsite just up the road almost underneath the waterfall looked superb. Fantastic location and nicely laid out. It's on my list to return to with the Cali and mtb at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In that area I've only every stayed at Camping Eigernordwand Grindelwald, and that was 10 years ago in a tent so unfortunately I can't really remember anything about it!

We were in Camping Jungfrau last July. Generally a good spot, with nice pitches good restaurant, facilities and shop. It's a short walk into the village which is very touristy and at the top of the village was possibly the best open air swimming pool I'd ever seen. Overall a good spot. The weather was mixed with a couple of lovely hot sunny days, punctuated by a couple of cloudy drizzly days. The waterfall behind the site is picturesque as well and relatively easy to walk up to. 35-Swiss-Alps-Swimming-Pool.jpg 33-Swiss-Alps-Campsite.jpg

We were in Camping Jungfrau last July. Generally a good spot, with nice pitches good restaurant, facilities and shop. It's a short walk into the village which is very touristy and at the top of the village was possibly the best open air swimming pool I'd ever seen. Overall a good spot. The weather was mixed with a couple of lovely hot sunny days, punctuated by a couple of cloudy drizzly days. The waterfall behind the site is picturesque as well and relatively easy to walk up to. View attachment 12050 View attachment 12049
Thanks Chris, booked Jungfrau, that's reassuring and looks fab. Really looking forward to it. :thumb

Second the Jungfrau site.
You can also get train tickets at the shop which saves queing at the station in the mornings.
Must do trip is the train from Kleine Scheidegg up through the Eiger. We got the first train in the morning, mountain tops appearing through the mist absolutely stunning. If you go up the Jungfrau you can get off on the way down at the station just out of the tunnel and walk back down. Fabulous views of the Eiger.

Second the Jungfrau site.
You can also get train tickets at the shop which saves queing at the station in the mornings.
Must do trip is the train from Kleine Scheidegg up through the Eiger. We got the first train in the morning, mountain tops appearing through the mist absolutely stunning. If you go up the Jungfrau you can get off on the way down at the station just out of the tunnel and walk back down. Fabulous views of the Eiger.
Thanks for the tips.:thumb

We went up the Jungfraujoch as well when we stayed in Grindelwald about 3 years ago, eye wateringly expensive although the early morning train was a bit cheaper at least.
Well worth the visit though, I wish I'd known about getting out after the tunnel and walking down!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

A third for Camping Jungfrau (great set up with spotless facilities) and all the suggestions so far (definitely the Jungfraujoch - it is expensive but you'll only do it once); I'd also recommend getting the little zug up to Schynige Platte (you can take the train from Lauterbrunnen to Wilderswill to where you catch the little zug) where there is a lovely walk along the ridge (just don't look down) and a nice gardens depending on your thing. Great walking is a trail from Grindelwald to SP (quite long but stunning). Also walking from Lauterbrunnen from Wengen - easy uphill in and out of shade so pleasant in the heat. Another walk is up to Murren - again nice, easy to follow and you can get the train down.

A fun day out is the Shilthorn cable car up to the "James Bond" rotating restaurant - great views.

Don't miss the Tummelbach falls - incredibly powerful, thunderous waterfall through the rocks.

If you need to stock up with food before you get up to Lauterbrunnen there is a large CO-OP in Interlaken.

Lauterbrunnen is a great place to spot the base jumpers launching off the top of the cliffs...I wouldn't be brave enough :eek:

Horner Pub is a good place to hang out for some beers and I vaguely recall there is a decent cafe further along which sells good coffee and has wifi.

If the weather is rubbish and at all chilly then I'd recommend a fondue at the Hotel Oberland - yum!

Anyway sorry for rambling it's just we have stayed there several times in the past as we love it so much.

Have fun, CJ :)

A third for Camping Jungfrau (great set up with spotless facilities) and all the suggestions so far (definitely the Jungfraujoch - it is expensive but you'll only do it once); I'd also recommend getting the little zug up to Schynige Platte (you can take the train from Lauterbrunnen to Wilderswill to where you catch the little zug) where there is a lovely walk along the ridge (just don't look down) and a nice gardens depending on your thing. Great walking is a trail from Grindelwald to SP (quite long but stunning). Also walking from Lauterbrunnen from Wengen - easy uphill in and out of shade so pleasant in the heat. Another walk is up to Murren - again nice, easy to follow and you can get the train down.

A fun day out is the Shilthorn cable car up to the "James Bond" rotating restaurant - great views.

Don't miss the Tummelbach falls - incredibly powerful, thunderous waterfall through the rocks.

If you need to stock up with food before you get up to Lauterbrunnen there is a large CO-OP in Interlaken.

Lauterbrunnen is a great place to spot the base jumpers launching off the top of the cliffs...I wouldn't be brave enough :eek:

Horner Pub is a good place to hang out for some beers and I vaguely recall there is a decent cafe further along which sells good coffee and has wifi.

If the weather is rubbish and at all chilly then I'd recommend a fondue at the Hotel Oberland - yum!

Anyway sorry for rambling it's just we have stayed there several times in the past as we love it so much.

Have fun, CJ :)
Very informative, thanks for taking the time to post. More ideas for my notebook :thumb

Another vote for Camping Jungfrau. Great site and well located. Easy access to train station which will take you up to the mountains or down to Interlaken.
Great base for walking and head up to Murren for a nice meal in the evening. Airwaves cafe in town a great place for breakfast for brunch:thumb

Appreciate these posts are a little older now but we are currently planning the second half of our summer trip (1st part at Lake Annecey) and would like to explore the above recommendations. Can I just check this is the site that seems to be very popular :)

That’s the one.
Heading back that way next month, although not sure I will get into that particular site as I have nothing booked.

Camping jungfrau is definitely highly recommended! We stayed in 2019 before we started documenting our travels.
Also consider Grindelwald, it’s a busier valley, short drive from Lauterbrunnen.

Switzerland is our favourite country and we’re hoping to be back in September.
Have a look at the link below if you want other options in Switzerland too…

Switzerland

That’s the one.
Heading back that way next month, although not sure I will get into that particular site as I have nothing booked.
There looks to be availability, but minimum 5 nights booking...

Thanks for the posts - will def be reserving a pitch for August!

Our trip is now looking like Annecy - Jungfrau - Interlaken with an overnight stay from / to the eurotunnel at each end of the road trip :)

There looks to be availability, but minimum 5 nights booking...

Thanks for the posts - will def be reserving a pitch for August!

Our trip is now looking like Annecy - Jungfrau - Interlaken with an overnight stay from / to the eurotunnel at each end of the road trip :)

That’s a shame.
I usually go out of the silly season. I’ve rocked up and had a pitch for 2/3 nights in the past. Year before Covid I spent 5 nights, but that was because we had perfect weather conditions.

Might add, there’s an airfield round the corner. We did a trip round the mountains and landed high up on the snow. Well worth it, if you get the chance.