Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T2 to T6!

Spotlight Kid

Spotlight Kid

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hello!

On the verge of going for a new California Ocean (test drive Sunday) after a gap of 25 years since we had a lovely little T2 when we lived for a short time in Australia. Had some wonderful times in that idiosyncratic machine.

Retired now and selling my underused narrow boat to move onto more solid avenues. Plan to venture out with my faithful canine furry companion, exploring familiar and new pastures around the UK and near continent mostly off campsites but venturing into facilities at intervals to clean up. Have been a camper for years as well as wallowing in hotels and foreign locales and have no problem with cold, mud and general grubbiness.

Looking at DSG as I'm a long auto user with my cars and 4Motion as I have been stuck on muddy fields a few times!

As is my standard modus operandi I looked for sources of info on the internet and I've been scanning this forum for the past few weeks to pick up useful advice and opinions. So thanks to everyone for the tremendously valuable stuff I have picked up. I shall be sticking my oar in as well once I have some totally biased views to insist on!

Anyway, I'm really excited on this new venture and can't wait to get out on the open road with a bed and kettle at hand!

Now thats an upgrade ....
Welcome!

If you had kept that you probally could trade it for a brand new T6:D

Spot the special modification on the front bumper , a step up to reach to the roof rack....

Called Roo Bars in Oz

A lot of potential new blood showing interest on here lately :)
Good luck on your test drive ' Spotlight Kid on Sunday
Love the photo

Alan

The test drive was fantastic and I ordered an Ocean there and then! :)

Just heard from the dealership and I have been allocated build week 15 which is w/c 11th April I believe.

Getting really excited now!!!

A lot of potential new blood showing interest on here lately :)
Good luck on your test drive ' Spotlight Kid on Sunday
Love the photo

Alan

That's my late wife and my daughter who is now 28!

You are going to love your new T6. But must admit your T2 looks smart. Especially the front rack - that would be so handy on the new ones.

The test drive was fantastic and I ordered an Ocean there and then! :)

Just heard from the dealership and I have been allocated build week 15 which is w/c 11th April I believe.

Getting really excited now!!!
Nice one bet you can't wait! What are the specs you have gone for?

It's a 204 DSG 4Motion with black awning, privacy glass, heated front windscreen, light & vision package, tow bar preparation, comfort bed, mud flaps, parking sensors and rear view camera, 6.33 touch screen with app connect, storage net, adaptive cruise control and metallic paint.

Can't wait!

It's a 204 DSG 4Motion with black awning, privacy glass, heated front windscreen, light & vision package, tow bar preparation, comfort bed, mud flaps, parking sensors and rear view camera, 6.33 touch screen with app connect, storage net, adaptive cruise control and metallic paint.

Can't wait!

Oh boy , the full package ....
Congrats!

Can't wait!
Sounds like a real belter, Congratulations!
The wait is a bit of a pain but it will be well worth it in the end (don't forget to Bob on some pics when it arrives). :thumb

You are going to love your new T6. But must admit your T2 looks smart. Especially the front rack - that would be so handy on the new ones.

It was a lovely little beast with terrible gears, no power and air conditioning in Australian temperatures of 40C that consisted of a tiny fan attached to the dashboard. We had wonderful times in it!