Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 Double Seat...REAR FACING?

neofeudal

neofeudal

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi! Does anybody know if an additional T4 double seat can be installed rear-facing? I am awaiting delivery of a T4 with a double seat, and I am curious if it can be pulled out and installed backwards in the rails so that it is rear-facing?

Also, I understand there is a "separate set of fitting instructions" which comes with the "Additional Seat Bench"...wondering if anybody knows where to find that?

Thank you!!

image.png

Hi! Does anybody know if an additional T4 double seat can be installed rear-facing? I am awaiting delivery of a T4 with a double seat, and I am curious if it can be pulled out and installed backwards in the rails so that it is rear-facing?

Also, I understand there is a "separate set of fitting instructions" which comes with the "Additional Seat Bench"...wondering if anybody knows where to find that?

Thank you!!

View attachment 81820
I don't have the info you require but it will depend on the spacing of the rails and the seat fittings.
The door side of the seat seems to be lined up with the rail, but I think the seat might overhang the rail on the kitchen side.
Also the seat anchorage points will probably be designed to give crash protection when fitted in a certain direction.

Looks possible as belts are mounted in the seats, but not sure how it would impact the use of camping drawers / fridge when camping, as seatback would be in a different position.

I would be looking more of removing the middle seat to give you more space in the living area.

Back