Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 Westfaila Spirit Burners

W

WhimDynastyT4

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hi guys, new T4 owner, are these spirit burners salvageable or kaput ? Never used them before(usually gas) I don’t even know if they are refillable …

Any help appreciated.

84237E4E-690C-49A1-8815-6E7D6BD2A9C1.jpeg

Do they work? Hard to say if they’re duff by looking at them. Not really the sort of thing that wears out? Perhaps they need a good clean?

Both my 4s have been gas so I’ve little experience of these. The base unit should accept a later gas hob I would think?

Where is the stove ? Most important thing with Meths stove is never refill when hot ! Very dangerous .

That’s a picture of the stove/cooker I’ve attached @Trebor

They most definitely do not work @sidepod .. I’ll have a look into cleaning them but probably look at a gas upgrade if I am honest.

8FBEBA46-DAA1-477D-BC68-ABE84E837377.jpeg

I’d just buy a couple of gas burners and fit them to the existing holes. A bit of pipe work underneath back to a bottle and Bob’s y’dads brother. :cheers

I would put a bit of meths in them and try . Nothing to loose but don’t top up while hot ! All that the burners are is a mesh to soak the meths up . They are used on boats sometimes . Can’t see the base of the cooker where the burners sit though in photo . Is it missing ?

Would be good to have fire blanket ready .

They look fine to me, used them for years.. take a lot of filling on initial use if they are dry. Buy the meths in 5ltr tubs. Any questions ask away.

Back