Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5.1 Headlamp Cluster - DRL's

ChocolateEclair

ChocolateEclair

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Headlamp-DRL.jpg Hi Folks,

I have just had separate DRLs fitted. (The LED bars in the bumper.) Can someone who has these help me with a couple of questions?

Q1. Which lamp is which in the attached image and when should they light up!? I know bulb '1' in the image is the headlight, but is bulb '2' the side light and bulb '3' the separate daytime running light?

In daytime with the lights switched to 'Auto', bulb '3' is on with the LED lights. If I switch the lights to side lights, bulb '2' lights up with the LEDs at full brightness. If I then switch to main lights, bulb '1' lights up and the LEDs dim.

Q2. Should the old daytime running light in the headlight cluster still be on with the new separate LED daytime running lights? On my vehicle the LED drl's are on with bulb '3' unless the main headlights are on.

I'm just not sure it's right!? Any help much appreciated!

Bulb 3 has 2 filaments, one is DRL the other is Main Beam.
1 is Dipped Beam.
2 is Side Light.
Having fitted the LED DRL's then the DRL function of bulb 3 should have been disabled.
Also the DRL's should dim when the sidelights are on.
I would suggest they have not been wired properly. I believe a fuse has to be removed to disable the Normal DRL function of bulb 3.
There have been some previous posts regarding this. Search is your friend.

Back